Durutti Column

Jamie

Durutti Column + support

Monday 28 November

The Lemon Tree

13.50 (9 concessions & regulars)

Doors 8pm | Show 8.30pm

Box Office: 01224 642230

One of the first signings to the legendary Factory Records, the basic idea behind Durutti Column's music is to break with whatever structure supports the foundations of musical formalism, in order to try and create a kind of music which really can belong to everyone.

www.column.freeuk.com

http://www.lemontree.org/Music/event.cfm?eventid=2632&tempmonth=11

Yeah, very good point Chilli - me brain aint working proper.

How could I have forgotten that Vini Reilly played guiters and keyboards on Mozza's first solo album Viva Hate (and some of the other singles that were collected on Bona Drag too I think). I'd be struggling slightly to be certain which guitar parts are Vini's and which are Stephen Street, but I'm pretty sure most the good ones are Vini (The intro to Alasatian Cousin, the Suedehead riff, Late Night Maudlin St.?). Must go and dig out my cassette (remember them?) of VH - I'll be at Your Arsenal and Vauxhall and I next - any excuse. I draw the line at Southpaw Grammar though (with the exception of The Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils).

Whoops, I'm dregressing from the subject matter rather badly here - must look out the review I saw over the weekend of the new Durutti Column compilation to redress the balance.

Guest Les Stroszek

Wow. One of my favorite guitarists! I'll be there! A total influenece if slightly unobtainable due to the fact that he has much more talent than I could even imagine!