aberdeen-music

I've just watched the scariest thing ever..

Cloud

Originally posted by delboy:

oh you talented boy phil

hard to believe that you once treaded the boards with mercedes

Heh!

Yes, I had a bit of a problem finding a place for my flute playing in that band!

Originally posted by delboy:

twas the yodelling that put me off....

Focus 3 is one of my all time fav albums....they are more jazz than prog, and they only ever had yodelling in one track on their first album, they hardly made a career of it.

I can still chill out to that album big style.... sgreat.

I used to play hocus pocus at live jams (attempt anyway). Bob Noble did a disturbingly accurate yodel, followed by a vocal rendition of the flute (which, as far as I could figure out, involved yodelling while spitting through your teeth).

Any song that gives prime spots to drummers, yodellers and flutes must be fucked up.

Originally posted by soundian:

I used to play hocus pocus at live jams (attempt anyway). Bob Noble did a disturbingly accurate yodel, followed by a vocal rendition of the flute (which, as far as I could figure out, involved yodelling while spitting through your teeth).

Any song that gives prime spots to drummers, yodellers and flutes must be fucked up.

I was witness to that more than once I believe. Quite amazing. Drift Inn? I almost miss that place sometimes. Stu Richie on drums wasn't it? I think I also remember him and others, possibly yourself, do a complete and practically perfect cover of 'Spirit of Radio' which was unbelievable. You'll understand if my memories of those days are a bit fuzzy. I still shudder when I see a Newkie Broon bottle...

I think that was probably Ali Craig on bass on 'spirit'.

I used to do a rush medley with bob noble, jonny greenwood and some awesome drummer whose name escapes me at the moment. La villa strangiato, grand finale and another on which I can't remember, could've been the trees. As you can see, my memory is a tad hazy too.

Originally posted by soundian:

I think that was probably Ali Craig on bass on 'spirit'.

I used to do a rush medley with bob noble, jonny greenwood and some awesome drummer whose name escapes me at the moment. La villa strangiato, grand finale and another on which I can't remember, could've been the trees. As you can see, my memory is a tad hazy too.

Christ, I forgot about Ali. I'm sure he could actually fall unconscious and keep on playing. Great though. Trying to think of other drummers from that time, all I can come up with is the blonde guy, Phil? Used to play with Gerry Jablonski I think. Funnily enough I saw him about a month ago for the first time in years, still wearing the same tight black jeans and Pearl bomber jacket...

Definitely remember hearing someone do 'Trees' though.

"the trouble with the maple..."

Cool. I now have Rush playing on my internal jukebox.

Originally posted by Frosty Jack:

Christ, I forgot about Ali. I'm sure he could actually fall unconscious and keep on playing. Great though. Trying to think of other drummers from that time, all I can come up with is the blonde guy, Phil? Used to play with Gerry Jablonski I think. Funnily enough I saw him about a month ago for the first time in years, still wearing the same tight black jeans and Pearl bomber jacket...

Definitely remember hearing someone do 'Trees' though.

"the trouble with the maple..."

Cool. I now have Rush playing on my internal jukebox.

Phil Ritchie was, the last time I saw him, playing with the bad to the bone. Do you remember Duncan Shepard from the drifty, another brilliant drummer. He's a weegie now, mores the pity for us.