aberdeen-music

Icarus Line NOT playing in Barrowlands tonight

Guest RomanChoke

Guest RomanChoke

I called a lady at the Barrowlands and she said that they were playing tomorrow night (13th), then she changed and said they weren't, and that the Distillers were actually playing. Buddyhead says they are playing, Barrowlands said no. She also said that there are no bookings for the Icarus Line. Anybody know whats going on?

Originally posted by Jonny Lucifer:

The Icarus Line are on the Buddyhead label. Aaron Buddyhead/Icarus is unlikely to publish wrong information about his own band intentionally.

i didn't know they were on a buddyhead label. my bad.

Originally posted by Tam o' Shantie:

JJ if you think the distillers are superior to the icarus line you're out of your fucking mind

HERE HERE! Well said that man

its true, distillers are absolutely pants compared to icarus line....wait...they are absolutely pants comparesd to anyone, thats maybe because im not a fan of their style of music, maybe im just annoyed NME voted the woman the second collest person in rock...unfortunately rock.

i would say the icarus line are one of the best hasrdcore punk bands ever, but thats just because they are!

but hey, everyone has different tastes

I saw the Icarus Line and they were fucking awful. One of the most overrated bands I have ever seen! As a live act The Distillers are a million bajillion times more interesting and I don't even like them that much! The very fact that Josh Holme walked on stage for The Eagle Death Metal Project overshadowed all the support acts, including the band for whome he was playing drums. Anyway, not only do I not like the Icarus Line's boring, dreary rock n roll stylez, but they were actually poor live. No better than a lot of Aberdeen bands that I have seen. I'm also getting tired of people who refer to the crowd as "mother fuckers" or "you bitches" and who say "you're welcome" rather than "thank you".

Maybe I'm getting old. The Distillers rocked on the other hand. much much better than I expected

I was at the Distillers in Glasgow on Friday and I agree...the Icarus Line do suck, even though I've only heard one of their songs. And i thought they were absolutly rubbish live. As for the Distillers...they put on a great show, even if I don't agree with what the first and last songs were. And Josh Homme's side band thing were rubbish, but as a drummer he's not too bad...I didn't expect him to be that good.