aberdeen-music

ashamed to be British

Ollie

Guest Zeenat Aman
but what about the Irish. They blew up loads of folk. Do we go round beating up Irish people? Did we abuse folk in the street 'cos they were irish?

The irish killed more folk than these bombers. So why are folk going to beat up innocent Muslims?

Pete

Well during the time that the IRA were active here, Irish people did indeed get fucked about, especially by our fine policemen.

Now, I don't want anyone to misunderstand, but the following comments may have a certain amount of irony and sarcasm.

Irish people did indeed get fucked about' date=' especially by our fine policemen.[/quote']

ooh the police, well, thats nearly legal isn't it. and I'm sure that the police didn't lay a finger on them, but the suspect meerly tripped on the stairs going down to the cells. So that's OK.

but on a serious note,

how do you sink an Irish submarine?

swim down and knock on the hatch!

Pete

How you can type that last sentence with a straight face after what you have said before is beyond me.

They should put people like you on an uninhabited island somewhere.

If you read it often enough , you might slowly get an understanding of what I'm trying to say.

You're entitled to disagree , I don't care.

Unihabited island would be fine with me.....sounds like hivven.

Here are some statistics and facts:

Overall, 151,000 more people migrated to the United Kingdom

than left in 2003, according to new international migration

estimates published today by the Office for National Statistics.

This was slightly lower than the estimate of 153,000 in 2002 and

estimates of between 162,000 and 172,000 per year in the

preceding three years.

In 2003, the estimated number of people arriving to live in the UK

for at least a year was 513,000, the same as in 2002. The number

of people leaving the UK to live elsewhere increased slightly from

359,000 in 2002 to a record 362,000 in 2003.

IMO: Add in to the equation falling birthrates amongst British citizens (mostly white might I add) and deaths, 151,000 people hardly make a dent.

My parents are moving to Canada soon (to work). Should they be allowed to, but not have international immigrants take their place? My dad's an immigrant but has paid more tax and been more of an asset than millions of traditional British (smackheads, willing jobless, criminals, etc.). Maybe there are other groups that should be blamed for this country's ills first?

The BNP and National Front can kiss my brown ass!

Quoute:'Maybe there are other groups that should be blamed for this country's ills first?'

Of course , maaan! Not even the most unreasonable fuckwit could blame our most fundamental 'challenges' on immigrants.

Furthermore there are lazy , good-for-nuthin' bastards in ever tribe - don't forget the millions of honest , hard working people who help keep this Capitalist System , for better or worse , on it's feet....or the poor who support the rich within it.

Read the book 'Gillespie' by a Scottish Minister called MacDougal Hay(John MacDougall Hay (1880-1919) was a Scottish novelist, best known for his work Gillespie.He was the father of George Campbell Hay, the Scottish Gaelic poet) which describes the origins , allegedly , of Capitalism.

The BNP and National Front can kiss my brown ass!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I hold Blair and Bush personally resposible' date=' where is the anger from the British public? Look at the reaction in Spain when Madrid trains got bombed, people were out on the streets protesting and then voted in a new government![/quote']

100% correct. The simple truth is that if you bomb countries, you'll get bombed in return.

Guest Zeenat Aman
100% correct. The simple truth is that if you bomb countries' date=' you'll get bombed in return.[/quote']

Wow, our government is trying to say there is no link between the UK being in Iraq and the bombings.

New York Times

By ALAN COWELL

Published: July 19, 2005

LONDON, July 18 - The government reacted sharply on Monday to a private research report that said Britain was particularly exposed to a terrorist attack because of its role in Iraq as an ally and "pillion passenger" of American policy.

Coming 11 days after four bombers struck London, killing 56 people, the reaction showed the depth of government sensitivity to suggestions that its own policies invited the capital's bloodiest attack in decades. A pillion passenger is one who sits behind the driver of a motorcycle.

"The time for excuses over terrorism is over," Jack Straw, the foreign secretary, said in Brussels.

The government's response added to indications that Britain's role in Iraq is again returning as a political specter, likely to be linked with accusations of a failure by Britain's intelligence agencies to focus sufficient attention on Al Qaeda, whose "evil ideology" Prime Minister Tony Blair has blamed for the attacks. That failure was also cited in the report by Chatham House, a nonpartisan research group.

The government has sought to define the London bombings on July 7 as part of a campaign by Al Qaeda that dates back to the World Trade Center attack in 1993, long before the war on terror inspired by the onslaught of Sept. 11, 2001, or the subsequent wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

But, in denying a link between the July 7 attacks and its policies in Iraq, the government seems sharply at odds with the advice given by its own security services weeks before the London bombings. At that time, Britain lowered its assessment of the threat it faced. Yet its security services had also warned that the war in Iraq contributed to the threat of terrorism. "Events in Iraq are continuing to act as motivation and a focus of a range of terrorist-related activity in the U.K.," said a confidential British terror threat assessment.

The Chatham House report echoed assertions by counterterrorism experts that Britain had offered a relatively safe haven to terrorists.

"The failure to gain any warning from existing information of the 9/11 attacks on the United States was an intelligence failure of the entire Western alliance, not only of the U.S. intelligence community," said the report, which was written by Frank Gregory of the University of Southampton and Paul Wilkinson of the University of St. Andrews.

As for Britain's vulnerability, the report dwelt on Britain's military alliance with the United States, the openness of its society and its junior status to the White House.

"There is no doubt that the situation over Iraq has imposed particular difficulties for the U.K., and for the wider coalition against terrorism," the report said. "It gave a boost to the Al Qaeda network's propaganda, recruitment and fundraising."

The assertion drew a rapid response from senior ministers like John Reid, the defense secretary.

"The terrorists want to kill anyone who stands in the way of their perverse ideology," Mr. Reid said.

A spokesman for Mr. Blair, speaking in return for anonymity under British civil service ground rules, said the threat from Al Qaeda preceded the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. "There have been attacks in 26 countries over the past 12 years," the spokesman said. "Is the report simply suggesting that we should have put our heads down and hope we wouldn't be attacked?"

The counterargument is that some British Muslims see Britain's deployment in Iraq as part of a wider injustice against Muslims.

"There are thousands of people who perhaps think that Muslims are perhaps suffering injustice," said Shahid Raza, a Muslim cleric who supports a fatwa, or religious edict against suicide bombing. "Dialogue and any kind of democratic process cannot offer them solutions to these problems."

Guest Jake Wifebeater
"The terrorists want to kill anyone who stands in the way of their perverse ideology' date='" Mr. Reid said.[/quote']

Bush and the neo-cons in a nutshell.

Wow' date=' our government is trying to say there is no link between the UK being in Iraq and the bombings. [/quote']

I think that there is a link between the bombings and Iraq, but its not as simple as that.

Had the UK and USA invaded Iraq when 9/11 happened? Nope.

Would the UK be safe if they hadn't invaded Iraq? Probably not.

These bombers are using the Iraq war to assist in recruiting more bombers. But it is not the only reason for targeting the UK.

Anyway, I think all extremists should be shot at birth! (irony)

Pete

It's a chicken or egg situation or which came first.

Just as the U.S.A. provoked Japan into bombing pearl harbour during WW2 in order to get the American people interested , so Osama Bam Leighton provoked the U.S.A. into invading Iraq. All of which I'm sure Uncle Sam was aware but.....

.....after 9/11 Uncle Sam needed , in true cowboy fashion , to kick some ass.

There was the irresistable bonus of huge oil reserves as an additional incentive.

Plus rebuilding contracts after the inevitable destruction of airports , bridges , public buildings etc.....most of the billion dollar contracts going to the giant Halliburton Corporation , the ex President of Halliburton now being the vice president of the U.S.A. - Dick Cheney. Allegedly he still gets $1,000,000 a year from Halliburton (for ensuring there is no competition when the contracts are being handed out).

Allegedly also , the Halliburton offices here in Aberdeen , came under attack after the London bombings.

Of course there's also the little matter and added complication of the hostilities and rivalries between the religions of Christianity( born-again or otherwise) and Islam.

This one's been running for a thousand years.