aberdeen-music

Rilo Kiley last night.

Swingin' Ryan

Anyone else at Cabaret Voltaire in Edinburgh last night for Rilo Kiley?

It was superb, despite being shafted by Megabus and having to drive down last minute into what looked like the set of some wild action film with streams of police riot vans going past every five minutes (I assume G8/protest related), the first thing we saw was a big sign saying the city was on 'Amber Alert'.

Anyhoo, Rilo Kiley were brilliant and Jenny Lewis was enchanting and they covered beautifully when the Wurlwitzer packed up during 'Pull me in tighter". Unfortunately, standing next to me was the worlds smallest woman with a voice like a gruff sailor who was continually saying things like "I don't know this one" and asking people if they "had the CD?". Luckily she was drowned out as the night went on. Best gig I've been to for an age.....

I was there. As if you didn't know.

Down with Megabus! I think we should sue them.

We'll look back on it soon and realise what a blessing in disguise taking the car down was. Except that 15 quid on bus, 14 on the place we will never again speak of, petrol money (we were robbed) and the tape thing I bought. I could have done without that. And the 'Amber Alert' sign, with the most paranoid man on earth in the seat behind me.

I think one day we should write a book... a short book... on that night. It would make an entertaining read.

Anyway, I fully agree it was best gig I have been to in... probably ever.

It would appear that no one else was there, although I'm sure that I recognised someone.