aberdeen-music

Self-harm

bitchygirl

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for all those people that say use piercings or tattoo's or waxing as a subsitute (confession I love you to bits' date=' but you are so off the mark I could not bring this up in person without falling out with you) YOU KNOW FUCK ALL ABOUT THIS SUBJECT!!

[/quote']

i'm not speaking from personal experience regarding the piercings but a good friend of mine who i've known for a long time admitted to me that she started getting pierced as a means of stopping self harming. i would imagine it's different for everyone who does self-harm. so something that works for someone, doesn't necessarily work for someone else. i wouldn't say that someone knows fuck all about it just because they behave differently from how you did during that period in your life.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
It is a mental health issue. It;s a symptom of Borderline Personality Disorder (not saying all harmers have this). It's related to bipolar and clinical depression. Theres loads of stuff on the net about it.

It's an aspect of behaviour, not mental health. Borderline Personality Disorder, you just said it yourself. Oh, and be careful what you read on the net!

Guest pop-notmyface
Thankyou for your constructive input into this thread.

i know its not constructive, it just annoys me because this kind of discussion seems to happen once every while, and that's just once too much.

i know its not constructive' date=' it just annoys me because this kind of discussion seems to happen once every while, and that's just once too much.[/quote']

It's something that keeps coming up because it's an issue that keeps affecting people.

... started getting pierced as a means of stopping self harming...

My first piercings came about when I was really low' date=' piercings, I found nursing them, cleaning them has an almost symbolic cleansing of whatever is going on can, when worked on, can heal. Get better and eventually bearable (dunno if thats the right word to use but i'll stick with it for now) to live with.

Morlun - we'll talk about this LATER! Naa, am playing, just don't understand how you can say I know nothing about this, for a number of reasons really.

Pop-notmyface - aren't you used to this kind of discussion from our school days!? And each time you heard it then, you said the same thing your saying now, and still it continues...so why bother saying anything at all?

as uncaring as it may sound' date=' i don't really care.[/quote']

your statement is uncaring. people suffer daily; be it mental, or physical.

someone you know will be harming themselves right now. who would want you as their friend if you didn't want to help or understand them??

this is not a personal attack, just a general one.. :)

im not a self harmer.. but i believe everyone has ears to listen, and if everyone used their ears along with their hearts; noone would need to self-harm on such a vicious level.