aberdeen-music

want to rehearse in exile studio? or want more information about it?

The Ghost Of Fudge

want to rehearse or record at exile? PM me, cheers

:gringo:

the basics:

exile studio - 2 weigh-house square, down by the harbour, near the moorings, aberdeen.

one big rehersal/recording space with a tasteful brick vault ceiling, ashtrays provided. plus a selection of atmospheric lights to create the correct ambience.

basic drumkit, bass amp and guitar amps available.

a tenner an hour to rehearse, recording rates are negotiable.

open midday til very, very late for selected trusted regulars. but if you want to rehearse on a specific evening, you'd be best to book well ahead. oh yes.

we expect you to turn up for your fucking rehersal, and not cancel it the day before. is that too much to ask?

:swearing:

www.exilestudio.co.uk - for mp3's and equipment list

don't email the studio from that site. PM me, it'll be easier that way, don't doubt it....

SUPER-SAVER-DEAL!

yes indeed: afternoons are cheap. :D

you can have the studio to yourselves from, for example, 1 pm til 6pm. this might well cost you 25.

that works out at 5 an hour to rehearse.

if you have five band members, this works out quite nicely. you can do the maths i'm sure.

what i'm saying is: it's cheap :)

if you're having trouble getting through to the studio, phone 641837 instead. if noone answers, leave a message.

xxx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just a wee point but, should mark be putting up full mp3's of bands on his website without express permission? for instance i know mark recorded our ep at a good rate and all that jazz but i don't recall him asking if he could put a full mp3 of one of the songs on his site for download. you could argue that it's free promotion but he spelt our name wrong and didn't list the song name properly either. i'm not too bothered to be honest, i think sales have dried up of that ep and i'm not in the band anymore, but it's the principle and all that. particularly as it was released by a record label.

• 4 weeks later...

You've lost your best customers to the entrancingly bright lights of Glasweiganville...

Whenever we're all up in the 'Deen together we're going to make a point of paying Ye Olde Exile a visit. It was quite an emotional time leaving yesterday, I'm not quite ready to talk about it though. :help:

• 2 weeks later...