aberdeen-music

Flogging Molly & The Dead Pets

Ross

Aye, it was a top gig indeed.

The dead pets were awesome, didn't play anything of the first album though and no Head banging!! I was gutted.

Flogging molly were also awesome, as expected.

What about the local support though? Its gigs like these that can get the local bands known by the public and such like so why wasn't there one?

It was mentioned about a local support but there was deemed not enough time / space on stage.

Couple of days before the gig I got wind that is was Joe Gittleman coming across and I spoke to him and pushed for a local. I mentioned a couple of names but he seemed interested only if it was The 44s.

I mentioned this to Iain as it would have been perfect for them baring in mind Joe played in The Mighty Mighty BossToneS and is now A&R for Side One Dummy.

After some hastily arrange times off and all it eventually transpired that some members of the 44s couldn`t make it.

It was communicated to Joe around 10am when they arrived at the venue that The 44s couldn`t make the gig. Thus there was no local on the bill.

As with Sugarcult last year these thing are always pushed for but agents etc don`t like having locals on certain touring bills as it does cheapen the lineup so to speak. Agents will only accept a local band if they are known or have played with a decent selection of bands.

Stayover got the Rooster support simply as I`d mentioned that they`d done the Sugarcult support.

MMW have managed to get some further supports as they have played with numerous other bands of that ilk.

The 44s managed to get onto the bill because they have played with Capdown / Jesse James (Scottish Tour Support) / Ad7 (Scottish Tour Suport)

Playing with touring bands that are through certain agencies always pays off as it makes your biog read a lot better. It will also open a lot of doors in the grand scheme of things.

Hopefully that answers some of your points. Probably makes you think of loads of other questions.

*With any luck there will be a Foyer Workshop with regards to opening doors in the music industry and the likes later in the year and then everyone can bring demos and ask questions and the likes.

*This is just me coming up with an idea. I`ll put it to the Foyer chaps when I next see them although it has been mentioned a while back.

Best

Ross

So what does my band have to do to support Reel Big Fish say, when they come up in September? We have played with King Prawn, Capdown, Jesse James, Whitmore, Caffeine, No Comply, Parkinsons amongst others. And we're going on a Scottish tour over summer and then recording a new cd.. Our music/style would fit perfectly with the likes of RBF, but we tend to sit back too much and probably miss opertunites like this.. so hope u dont think im being to arrogant or anything.. I think its amazing what you are doing with Moshulu and the kind of gigs ure gettin 4 Aberdeen thats why I want 2 make the most of it 4 highlighting our band aswell. The best thing about it all aswell is that every1 is making the most of it: like giving floggin an amazing reaction etc. it all pays off, ppl seem to have listend to what the Capown singer had said also about how lucky we r 2 have a venue like this on our doorstep and how we should all support it..

Cheers, Steve

So what does my band have to do to support Reel Big Fish say' date=' when they come up in September? We have played with King Prawn, Capdown, Jesse James, Whitmore, Caffeine, No Comply, Parkinsons amongst others. And we're going on a Scottish tour over summer and then recording a new cd.. Our music/style would fit perfectly with the likes of RBF, but we tend to sit back too much and probably miss opertunites like this.. so hope u dont think im being to arrogant or anything.. I think its amazing what you are doing with Moshulu and the kind of gigs ure gettin 4 Aberdeen thats why I want 2 make the most of it 4 highlighting our band aswell. The best thing about it all aswell is that every1 is making the most of it: like giving floggin an amazing reaction etc. it all pays off, ppl seem to have listend to what the Capown singer had said also about how lucky we r 2 have a venue like this on our doorstep and how we should all support it..

Cheers, Steve[/quote']

I'm sure there will be 2 tour supports for this already Steve...

So what does my band have to do to support Reel Big Fish say' date=' when they come up in September? We have played with King Prawn, Capdown, Jesse James, Whitmore, Caffeine, No Comply, Parkinsons amongst others. And we're going on a Scottish tour over summer and then recording a new cd.. Our music/style would fit perfectly with the likes of RBF, but we tend to sit back too much and probably miss opertunites like this.. so hope u dont think im being to arrogant or anything.. I think its amazing what you are doing with Moshulu and the kind of gigs ure gettin 4 Aberdeen thats why I want 2 make the most of it 4 highlighting our band aswell. The best thing about it all aswell is that every1 is making the most of it: like giving floggin an amazing reaction etc. it all pays off, ppl seem to have listend to what the Capown singer had said also about how lucky we r 2 have a venue like this on our doorstep and how we should all support it..

Cheers, Steve[/quote']

Thanks for the comments.

Reel Big Fish is a CPL gig. Not one of ours. Alas.

I think it is 2 tour supports.

One probably Simple Plan.

Best

Ross