aberdeen-music

Fudge Is Six - Two Birthday Gigs In July!

The Ghost Of Fudge

to mark the tremendous achievement of fudge having been arsed putting on rock shows for six glorious years of unpredictable and glamourous entertainment, we've organised a couple of gigs next month.

the line ups are incomplete so far. suprise!

firstly:

RELEASE YOUR KRAKEN IN THE MOORINGS HARBOUR VENUE

sat 9th july

DEADENSTEREO - flying in from edinburgh with their wistful pop-rock nuggets of pure sex. already a firm favourite with the venue, we're delighted to mark their long-term fudge frendship with what will almost certainly be the best set they'll ever play. think early manics guitars with radiohead influences, all wrapped up in a sleeve of college-rock.

THE MIDNIGHT NOISE COLLECTIVE - used to be cleartone in a previous life... kyuss were stoners, right, and these guys take that robot rock ethos, but throw in some normal rock, indie, punk, funk, bluegrass and skiffle to produce their own melting pot of diversity. they play loud too. i've only seen them once, so i kinda made all that up, but i stand by my assertion that if you like stoner in any form, you'll like these dudes.

WITHIN THESE WALLS - punk upstarts!

... and the KRAKEN DJ DUO playing the random tunes they never get to hear anywhere else (for example: temptations, queens of, kills, clutch, the band, flc, lo-fi all stars, mark lanegan, local bands, and yat-kha)

first act onstage 9pmish, 3 or 4 quid on the door, open til 1am :)

THE MIDNIGHT NOISE COLLECTIVE - used to be cleartone in a previous life... kyuss were stoners' date=' right, and these guys take that robot rock ethos, but throw in some normal rock, indie, punk, funk, bluegrass and skiffle to produce their own melting pot of diversity. they play loud too. i've only seen them once, so i kinda made all that up, but i stand by my assertion that if you like stoner in any form, you'll like these dudes.[/quote']

"Stoner punk" re: Paul who has never touched a doob in his life :laughing:

Shall try and make it to this.

Hehe... I make no comment....

I wouldn't say we were stoner rock though, but folk tell us we are, so ill leave it up to those who come to decide! Is there such a thing as stoner prog rock?? Don't think so...

Should be an excellent night... Didn't know Daedenstereo were playing... Bonus!

Flying in did sound a little more glamourous... hehe!

...I know what an amateur... I should be ashamed!

Well there you go TMNC = Stoner prog rock... maybe... That'll probably spark a new debate for folk after we play but ah well. Its my best shot at a brief description.

:cheers:

bump for this thread...

are all your friends off to have fun at T IN THE PARK this weekend? feel you're missing out?

go here, get drunk, have a great night!

DEADENSTEREO or THE FOO FIGHTERS? no contest!

within these walls - 9ish

deadenstereo - 10ish

the midnight noise collective - 11ish

4, head along for 9 if you want to see within these walls do their grungepunk thing.

djing will be random, but enjoyable. a bit of 'coma american' here, a drop of 'hotel california' there, some FLC, some FNM, some MPE, classic rock, top notch metal, the temptations, PE, the band, the killers, biffy, rival schools and clutch... fuck knows really...