aberdeen-music

Microphonic valves

soundian

yes you do get microphonic valves...

if you think you have one, try this test, switch the amp on and take off the back to you can see the valves, then tap them one by one with something like a pencil (so you dont burn yourself or have any risk of a shock) and if one rings out when you tap it, its microphonic and needs to be replaced.

David

Originally posted by soundian:

Is that the extent of guitar amp knowledge in Aberdeen?

well unless you want to ask us something, i dont really know what you expect us to reply...

the quesiton was 'do you get microphonic valves?' which was answered, and some more (extra) info given

would you liek me to tell you more about valves? just ask anything and i will try to help

David

Originally posted by soundian:

No wonder I hear so much microphonic valves going about if only 3 people seem to know about it.

Slight mistake from G, power amp valves can be microphonic too, not as noticeable but it's an annoying high rattly sound. This is the one I hear a lot.;(

Sorry I didnt mean they dont get microphonic, I meant when they do its less likely you'll notice....honest!!