aberdeen-music

Howdy

ghost

Beautiful day isn't it? I'm scunnered with the worst cold I've had in a decade. Ah, life. Nevermind, I took the chance to dust off the accordion I got for my birthday and attempt to rattle off a tune. I've never played an accordion before mind, so no cheap shots....

The track is here: http://www.soundclick.com/iansimpson - it's the first track on the page - no shit sherlock!

Back to bed.

It's a possibility. Thanks for checking & the idea.

In my Lemsip-addled state I forgot to tell you what I was wanting you to check the track for.

* Anyone got any good accordion-playing tips? (Only one I've found so far is to move the bellows in and out once a bar - I'm telling you I'm a complete beginner).

* How does the instrument sound in the mix? I'm playing around with mic placement and reverb patches, trying to get it sounding reasonably natural. Ignore the tinny guitar - that's deliberate... ;)

Off to check for breakbeats. :)

well, i also am ill today, too ill at the mo to make any comment on accordians but i would like to say i still play my copy of coffee and ideas, and always enjoy it.i especially like the tune about you seing the same man on gearge street i think, whilst you were on the bus.in fact i'll play it next, after the fantastic ac/dc track 'nick of time', which to me gives off the slight vibe of classic motley crue, mixed with melodic ac/dc riffy hooks.

I just played it on 'lo-fi' setting, and it sounded pleasantly down...you could easily add lyrics and make a short song out of it.

As for the mix, personally I find the drum machine a bit loud. Unlike neubeatz I'd replace them with something more organic, like bongoes (but then, I'm not a drums fan).

I took accordion lessons for a while in the early 70s, but very little has lodged in my memory, sadly.

Thanks for the comments. Drums definitely seem to be the problem here, so I'll take that as a positive comment about the accordion!

Steve - long time no speak, glad you're still about and listening to CAI. "Eyes" is set on King Street in my head, but it can be on George St in yours!! :)

Alan - good luck with the Thomas Truax gig this week! I'll be there in spirit!