aberdeen-music

Kids In Cinemas - Curfew????

Guest bluesxman

Guest tv tanned
No. It's not. Most complaints are generally about neds.

since I don't make 'most of my' complaints to you, how the fuck would you know exactly? Or did you misread the part where I said that these were my complaints and not those of other people?

It really does seem to be the parents that are letting their kids down. We have a family day on saturdays at my work and the kids run around like mad things but the parents don't do anything to stop them. I had to go after a boy about 2 years old after he ran out of the Lemon Tree nearly out onto the road and his mum hadn't even noticed, she was sitting there crackling with her friends drinking wine.

For what age of childeren would the curfew be for. I can't really think of any problems with really young kids in cinema's. Also usually if there are lots of kids there it's because i've went to see a kids film (which really star wars is). If people are being annoying in a cinema audience, I find it far more likely that it will be groups of say 14-16 year olds, usually laughing incessantly themselves for throwing popcorn or something. Can we really ban 16 year olds from going to the cinema after 5pm?

Guest bluesxman
For what age of childeren would the curfew be for. I can't really think of any problems with really young kids in cinema's. Also usually if there are lots of kids there it's because i've went to see a kids film (which really star wars is). If people are being annoying in a cinema audience' date=' I find it far more likely that it will be groups of say 14-16 year olds, usually laughing incessantly themselves for throwing popcorn or something. Can we really ban 16 year olds from going to the cinema after 5pm?[/quote']

Sorry, but a 5 - 6 year old kid in a 2 and a half hour 12 A certificate movie is not there because it's a 'kids film'. Bring back the distinctive U, PG, 15 and 18 certificates.

I think 12A is a fine rating. The problem is that the majority of parents don't understand what 12A means and think it's fine to take their kids (as young as three i've seen) to see the film. No matter how clearly it's explained (and it is) they still don't get it.

However, I was pleased to see lots of guys going to see Star Wars on their own so they could see if it was ok for their kids first. A lot of parents would do well to do the same.

I think 12A is a fine rating. The problem is that the majority of parents don't understand what 12A means and think it's fine to take their kids (as young as three i've seen) to see the film. No matter how clearly it's explained (and it is) they still don't get it.

However' date=' I was pleased to see lots of guys going to see Star Wars on their own so they could see if it was ok for their kids first. A lot of parents would do well to do the same.[/quote']

My son likes star wars IF he really wanted to see it in the cinema and he had been really good (even if he was 3) I am sorry I would take him. Not being selfish or anything but the only people that i really want to make happy are my kids

I never said to ban kids totally as that would be completely unfair - I suggested a 5pm ish curfew so people like me could go safe in the knowledge at a later screening that I won't be annoyed by 5 year old kids. If I was to go to a screening earlier then it would be the risk I take that kids may be annoying. If people were all like you and actually controlled their kids then it wouldn't be a problem' date=' but the woman in question saw we were being disturbed and did nothing about it - she actually started chatting away to her sprog to keep him occupied! :swearing:[/quote']

heres something tho working parents may only have the chance in the evening to take their kids, access rights may only allow them time with thier kids in the evening so many things would be against the curfew idea although, i am sure kids wouldnt be there at midnight ish

Guest onlynik

Vue cinemas have a curfew - no under 18s after 10.30 pm. Anyway The last time I went to an early showing, the film was a 12a and there was a kid about 3 or 4 crawling about as the parents watched the film. The kid had no interest in the film at all, the adults obviously wanted to see the film and didn't want to get a babysitter, it ruined the film for me, it's not my fault they have a child, but it annoys me when parents just let the brat spoil everyone else's enjoyment of something. Cinema's aren't a subsitute for a nursery.

Uhh...yeah...that IS what 12A means....

I can see I haven't made myself very clear there. What I meant was that lots of parents don't realise it's a 12A because it may be unsuitable for children under 12. What's appropriate for a 3 year old to watch is pretty different from what's appropriate for a 11 year old to watch.

Lots of people don't realise that 12A means it may be unsuitable for their children but ultimately it's their choice and I think that's fine, but I think it's a good idea for parents to see the film first to make sure it's ok for their kids to see.

Obviously every case is different. My cousin is 8 but has been watching Buffy since it started, has seen all the LOTR films but has friends who think Buffy is terrifying and have cried watching it.

It's the parents choice whether their kids get to see a 12A or not, but sometimes I see people taking really young kids and I can't help but think they might be a bit scared. Also, I 12A certificate might be given because of swearing or stuff to do with sex. I wouldn't really want to have to explain things my children wouldn't (or maybe shouldn't) understand, but again, it's up to the parents.

Oh a slightly different matter, a customer tried to get me to throw a couple and their 1 year old out of The Pacifier a couple of days ago. When I asked her if the baby was causing a disturbance she said "No but I feel really sorry for it because it's not even watching the film." It's not always the kids you have to watch out for.