aberdeen-music

Talkboxes

Guest AmbientMood

Anyone heard the Whitesnake version of "Day Tripper"? Great talkbox guitar solo in that!!

"BWAHBY...DWAHY TRWAHPPER...WOP WUP WAP WAH WUP WOP WUP WAP WAP BWAHBY...BWABY BWAHBY BWAAAYYYBY....BWABY BWAHBY BWAAAYYY!!"

much amusement in my younger years :D

"Dude thats guys guitar is talking!"

"Huh? My shoes are talking!"

"It's ok we won't hurt you..."

talkbox instantly reminds me of Bon Jovi (be that a good or bad thing)

the dano freespeech probably dosent sound the best, but is definately the easiest to setup and use, as it just runs inline with your guitar signal, i did contemplate one for a while (it is rather brightly coloured after all...) but i couldnt test one out anywhere (something to do with the fact you have to stick the tube in your mouth)

most 'normal' talkboxes need to be placed after the amp in place of a speaker, and you need a pa to then amplify the sound

David

• 4 weeks later...
We always used to build our own. Put a headphone amp and a small speaker into a closed box and feed a plasic tube up to the vocal mic. A spare computer speaker does the job perfectly BTW and putting it all together makes a great DIY project!

i think theres a diy guide to making a talkbox at www.generalguitargadgets.com

electronicsally very simplae to make, though getting enclosures and everything could take a while

David