aberdeen-music

BLUES JAM Part II

JME

I am posting a new thread, again for the purpose of finding some people to play some blues with. I am an 18 y/o guitarist and i am looking to find some people to jam with for the next month or so, please note this is just for fun, and unless we click straight away it is unlikely we woud be playing gigs or anything in the short time i have left in aberdeen.

Looking for: One drummer who is keen on playing blues (not rock or jazz)

One bassist also keen on playing, and who can hold a good tune during a solo.

I have already played with numerous guitarists so i am not really looking for another guitarist, as i can easily contact them myself.

Biggest influences on my playing are: SRV, Rory Gallagher, Albert King and some Hendrix. But anything else like Muddy Waters, B.B King, Elmore James, ALbert Collins, etc ..

PM me if interested, Cheers

WOW im completely shocked by the dismal lack of interest in this thread, i mean who would have thought blues would be so unpopular in a bland, one chord guitar playing, punk/emo/metal infested city such as aberdeen?

blues is a tough sell everywhere, not just aberdeen. It goes in cycles. It was really hot during the SRV years, really cooled off after he died. Before then it was really big in the 60's, cooled off for a bit then too.

if it's what you want to play stick to it and you'll find players and gigs. think of it as a test of faith.....

oh, and if you're looking for a guitar player or a harp player to sit in sometime, pm me, i'm always up for a jam!

Thanks JME! The show was fun, it's cool when people dig really raw delta blues like that, rather than all the slick stuff. Did you make it in?

But, hey- we should still jam for shit's and giggles before you leave town! And if not good luck in your next place.

Thanks JME! The show was fun' date=' it's cool when people dig really raw delta blues like that, rather than all the slick stuff. Did you make it in?

But, hey- we should still jam for shit's and giggles before you leave town! And if not good luck in your next place.[/quote']

I have PM'd you about a jam, unfortunately i couldnt make the gig though :down:

Guest texjamm

Hi, If youre lookin for a bass player I could be interested, just to jam of course as I'm putting my own band together. PM me with details.

blues in aberdeen has no future its sad :(

I dont think it is just Aberdeen, its just in general Blues is pretty quite at the moment, what with the new found interest the public has for the Franz Ferdinand craze, all these stone roses 'disco rock' bands have kinda stolen the attention.

I think it will just be a matter of time before some young artist shakes things up again, just like Stevie did in the 80's.

Fair question, from what i have heard about this type of rock, it has been sometimes classed as 'disco rock' because of the long winding guitar riffs, and Ian Brown's unique singing. Although it is probobly more of a personal opinion, but here is a quote off their website - The first true recorded indication of the genius - I do not use the word lightly - of this band came in the form of their next single, 'Sally Cinnamon', a little gem, a captivating, spiraling utterly 'pop' single, doomed to ultimate failure because of being tied to an unworkable deal with a small record company but, nevertheless, the song that, in 1987, enriched a million indie discos, softened a thousand cynics.

I am a stone roses fan in any case, i was just saying how so many bands these days are trying to emulate them, and how they are all in that disco rock category, in my opinion.