aberdeen-music

Tonight! Singing Live!

Cloud

Guest Tam o' Shantie

you've got some fucking nerve to call shots mate - watching that small girl jiggle around on stage last night made me fucking cringe with embarassment. after hearing so much about her greatness, all i saw was fucking amatuerish pub rock.

hog you're a fucking tool, why don't you fucking polish your bald head instead of jester's knob end

you've got some fucking nerve to call shots mate - watching that small girl jiggle around on stage last night made me fucking cringe with embarassment. after hearing so much about her greatness' date=' all i saw was fucking amatuerish pub rock.

hog you're a fucking tool, why don't you fucking polish your bald head instead of jester's knob end[/quote']

Well a few other people enjoyed it and music is to entertain, Baby Karma arent a rock band, they're a pop band, so to classify them as pub rock seems a bit strange. Baby Karma are designed to be a fun band, no-one takes it too seriously, the plan is to go out and have a good time and to try and be as commercial as possible. They're all great musicians and everyone enjoyed it, there was quite a few people down the front having a good time. Of course you are an expert in all things musical so I must bow to your obvious genius and if you dont like it then it must be crap,because you're so successfull and know everything.

Can't you just accept that people like different things, was there any chance you were going to give Baby Karma a fair shot ? Of course not because you've made it clear you don't like me or any of the bands I work with you make it sound like you were giving them a fair chance yet you slagged them before they'd even played a gig, hardly fair is it ? You dont like what I do and I dont like what you do, but I'm as entitled to my opinion as you are, no need to get snipey about it. You dont have to like them but the band has some very talented people in it, the keyboard player is an amazing player, Milners a great drummer, we have a very strong bassist and guitarist and Emma,I thought put on a great show last night.

And by the way if as you say Inept 303 are the greatest band to ever grace the stage then they're obviously better than your band, and therefore you're arguing with me for agreeing with you... ooops

Cheers

Stuart

Guest stuartmaxwell
Well obviously a lot better than 10 Easy Wishes I'll give you that.

Cheers

Stuart

no need. what was the point there? just because the guy said he prefered a different band, you have to slag his one. errr...

from what i have heard of inept 303 they are pretty darn good

stu,

as for bk, i have listened to the mp3s, i dont care if you are intending to be a commercial pop band or whether you want to be a norwegian reggae-core band. the material is bland and dull. we are still more than qualified to comment on them, regardless of whether we like pop music or not

you consistently brag about your acts on here, but it would be good for them to live up to your hype stu

no need. what was the point there? just because the guy said he prefered a different band' date=' you have to slag his one. errr...

from what i have heard of inept 303 they are pretty darn good

stu,

as for bk, i have listened to the mp3s, i dont care if you are intending to be a commercial pop band or whether you want to be a norwegian reggae-core band. the material is bland and dull. we are still more than qualified to comment on them, regardless of whether we like pop music or not

you consistently brag about your acts on here, but it would be good for them to live up to your hype stu[/quote']

Actually if ou were reading it I stated that we both preferred different stuff and that it was unlikely that we'd both like the same thing - no problem there, he insisted on telling me I was wrong. All I said was that I preferred them to his band, whats the problem there ? He, himself said they were better I was agreeing.

There is a huge difference between the Baby Karma demoes that we did and the live band, they dont sound similar at all. The demoes were unfinished, they dont have a proper vocal track or finished elements they were rough backing tracks with a rough vocal, but you're right in as much as because they're not representative I should take them down from the site.

As I said BK is designed to be commerical, I'd imagine you think Dido is dull and bland but she makes a lot of money and is very popular - thats what Baby Karma is designed to do. Tom slagged Baby Karma off before they'd even played a live gig, so as I said it was unlikely he was going to give them a chance. A lot of people didnt find it dull and bland and really enjoyed their set, there was a lot of dancing down the front (and not just me, Hog and Gumpy) and when we get the live recording mixed I'll be happy to hear your comments on a proper track if you wish, but you've already said you dont think Emma can sing so I doubt you'll like it, but you will hear the difference between the earlier material and the live band.

As for the hype, all I ever mention on here is facts, I mention where the acts are playing, with whom and when, thats not hype thats fact, so they've already lived up to it by doing it. I think the fact Jo's out there doing what she's doing is her living up to the hype as I'm not saying anything that isnt true. I dont ever mention maybes on here, or things we're hoping to do or what we think mght happen in case they dont I prefer to just work with the reality thats not hype.

Cheers

Stuart

... but it's not just Tom' date=' they are a rubbish band.

i'd say going to their gig was a fair shot.[/quote']

Well as was said I can guess he wasnt there to see Baby Karma but was there to see Inept 303, I'd guess this as he didnt like BK before they'd played a note, he didnt seem to rate the Usuals and I very much doubt he'd be there to see Stayover. Bearing in mind he's also slagged off Jo and I'm not sure he's seen her before (tho I could be wrong) but as he described her as indie I'd huess he hadnt, it would appear his biggest problem is with me so I wouldnt say it was a fair shot.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest stuartmaxwell
Actually if ou were reading it I stated that we both preferred different stuff and that it was unlikely that we'd both like the same thing - no problem there' date=' he insisted on telling me I was wrong. All I said was that I preferred them to his band, whats the problem there ? He, himself said they were better I was agreeing.

There is a huge difference between the Baby Karma demoes that we did and the live band, they dont sound similar at all. The demoes were unfinished, they dont have a proper vocal track or finished elements they were rough backing tracks with a rough vocal, but you're right in as much as because they're not representative I should take them down from the site.

As I said BK is designed to be commerical, I'd imagine you think Dido is dull and bland but she makes a lot of money and is very popular - thats what Baby Karma is designed to do. Tom slagged Baby Karma off before they'd even played a live gig, so as I said it was unlikely he was going to give them a chance. A lot of people didnt find it dull and bland and really enjoyed their set, there was a lot of dancing down the front (and not just me, Hog and Gumpy) and when we get the live recording mixed I'll be happy to hear your comments on a proper track if you wish, but you've already said you dont think Emma can sing so I doubt you'll like it, but you will hear the difference between the earlier material and the live band.

As for the hype, all I ever mention on here is facts, I mention where the acts are playing, with whom and when, thats not hype thats fact, so they've already lived up to it by doing it. I think the fact Jo's out there doing what she's doing is her living up to the hype as I'm not saying anything that isnt true. I dont ever mention maybes on here, or things we're hoping to do or what we think mght happen in case they dont I prefer to just work with the reality thats not hype.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

hog and gumpy would dance to anything involved with this message board

remember the term kids "you have to be seen to be scene"

dido isnt that bad to be honest, stu you underestimate me. i go out and find (i.e. not sitting waiting on a radio) heaps of different styles of music (marillion are not the only band ever to exist), and i couldnt give a shite if it is popular and and couldnt give a shite if it isnt.

when i talk about hype, am talking about when you say "emma forman is one of the best singer/songwriters in abdn" or when you put her down in every "best local....... thread".

she doesnt cut the mustard mate

hog and gumpy would dance to anything involved with this message board

remember the term kids "you have to be seen to be scene"

dido isnt that bad to be honest' date=' stu you underestimate me. i go out and find (i.e. not sitting waiting on a radio) heaps of different styles of music (marillion are not the only band ever to exist), and i couldnt give a shite if it is popular and and couldnt give a shite if it isnt.

when i talk about hype, am talking about when you say "emma forman is one of the best singer/songwriters in abdn" or when you put her down in every "best local....... thread".

she doesnt cut the mustard mate[/quote']

The point i made was that it wasnt just Gumpy and Hog dancing. Fair enough, I may well underestimate you, I've never for a second thought Marillion are the only band, but they are a band who have had a big effect on me and are a band who's stuff for the most part I still enjoy.

Music is purely a subjective thing, I genuinelly believe that Emma is what I say she is or I wouldnt have invested the time and effort into working with her I have. Long before I started working with Emma I thought that and I still do. You may not like it but there are plenty of people who disagree with you. There's also a big difference between hype and opinion. Baby Karma already have a lot of gigs lined up and are hoping to confirm a few more bigger ones in the near future, there seem to be a lot of people out there who disagree with you. If you want to know why I put Emma and Jo's name down as the best singer/songwriters in Aberdeen then its very simple it's because I believe it, otherwise why would I bother to manage someone ? Why would anyone go to the time and effort to do what I do if I didnt believe it ? You have no right to say that I'm right or wrong for stating my belief and you've certainly just done exactly what you accused me of doing, I said I dont like a band so you take a pot shot at one of mine. I prefer in general to let results speak for themselves and Emma certainly has no trouble getting gigsand people seem to enjoy what she does, what's the problem ?

Cheers

Stuart

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showpost.php?p=363734&postcount=16 - some people at least enjoyed it.