aberdeen-music

DJ Format

psydoll

Last time Format & Abdominal visited Aberdeen there weren't that many people there and myself and Rob drunkenly danced all over the Lemon Tree with about 50-80 other people at the most methinks.

This time round however there were loads of people there! Whether Little Barrie supporting had something to do with that or not I don't know but they were a great support act. Sort of like a more soulful version of the current crop of indieish Libertines clones but even that sort of detracts from a set of good musicianship and enthusiasm.

Format [ably supported not only by Abdominal but D-Sisive this time round] was amazing. Greatly impressed with Format's scratching ability and the generally excellent vibe that permeated the venue and most importantly the stage. D-Sisive isn't as good a rapper as I had hoped, especially his freestyles but he was a good backup rapper for the ever-impressive Abdominal. Feel-good hip hop was the order of the night and I enjoyed myself ridiculously. Good on Lemon Tree for booking them again! :)

saw format and co. in edinburgh two nights ago and they were brilliant, after the set format DJ'd for 45 minutes without one pause between songs, D-cisive was surprisingly good, he kinda looked like a fat geeky eminem but he had a good voice and prescence, Abdominal as always was utterly amazing and fucking funny, dunno about the aberdeen gig, but they went down a treat in edinburgh.