aberdeen-music

Triptych presents: The Fall plus Uncle John & Whitelock Tonight

misterdale

sorry but the truth is mes stopped being a legend a long time ago' date=' far too many ordinary or below ordinary live performances have left this punter going elsewhere............

every picture tells a story.[/quote']

You're entitled to your opinion, but I saw them last time and they were ace.

Friday was my first time seeing the Fall, and it was well worth the wait.

He may not be the most pleasant of characters, but M.E.S. exudes a certain star quality, and his band were right on the nail too - a bass sound to put the fear of God into you.

Friday was my first time seeing the Fall' date=' and it was well worth the wait.

He may not be the most pleasant of characters, but M.E.S. exudes a certain star quality, and his band were right on the nail too - a bass sound to put the fear of God into you.[/quote']

you should have seen m.e. smith & The Fall when he was all there b4 the

drink & am..........s took hold....

People accept less too readily

Friday was my first time seeing the Fall' date=' and it was well worth the wait.

He may not be the most pleasant of characters, but M.E.S. exudes a certain star quality, and his band were right on the nail too - a bass sound to put the fear of God into you.[/quote']

The Fall were on top form at Fridays gig. MES worked his band up like normal and of course ignored the crowd. The Fall seem to be attracting lots of new young dancing fans and its nice to see them at gigs...

15.40 seemed a little expensive before the gig but lets face it to look that bad takes lots of money! And its cheaper than HMT and Music Hall shows.

Dave

Hear, hear Dave - it was some performance, and yeah the ticket price seemed a wee bit high, but with Uncle John and Whtelock playing too, and the added tension caused by MES's late showing - I'd say it was value for money.

Without having experienced The Fall live until Friday I can't properly comment on Chilli's assetion that things were much better back in the day, but i couldn't help enjoying the gig, and if that's a crime against musical standards then put the cuffs on me now officer, it's a fair cop.

Hear' date=' hear Dave - it was some performance, and yeah the ticket price seemed a wee bit high, but with Uncle John and Whtelock playing too, and the added tension caused by MES's late showing - I'd say it was value for money.

Without having experienced The Fall live until Friday I can't properly comment on Chilli's assetion that things were much better back in the day, but i couldn't help enjoying the gig, and if that's a crime against musical standards then put the cuffs on me now officer, it's a fair cop.[/quote']

I'm really glad you enjoyed The Fall, everybody should see them at least three times

then you are guaranteed one great show. When MES is firing on all cylinders there is nothing better.

FEEDBACK to Triptych I believe that there are public events in Glasgow & Edinburgh

as usual Aberdeen is left out. Can somebody arrange a meeting for interested parties in Aberdeen? (no not me, i'm too busy) I would attend tho' From that meeting a concensus view can sent to TRIPTYCH, so that improvements can be made.

I have two ideas that need discussing that concern me.

Anybody agree?