aberdeen-music

Jonah (FAR) new band - Gratitude

RossP

Anyone else purchased this album?? Stephen alerted me to this, i didn't even realise Jonah was working on a new project.

Well.... after a few listens... its not too bad. Its got some really lush choruses that piss on all these new emo and post hardcore bands (can of worms opened), and some really good lyrics, first song especially. However, i think i was looking for something a lot more challenging from Jonah, now he's pushing on a bit. Something a bit more like his New End Original album "Thriller", there were so many different moods and techniques showcased in that album, and the song "Hostage" is still up there with my favourite songs ever written. Even in his last album under the One Line Drawing moniker, was slightly more challenging, with the use of explosions in the sky esque guitar work, and excellent rhythm changes.

But all in all, its an ok album, if you like Jimmy Eat World, i think you'll cream yourself over this. You also get 3 videos on the cd, so for 9.99 i can't complain too much.

Now if only Jonah would do a headline tour sometime, instead of continually touring with Funeral For a Friend!!!

Anyone else purchased this album?? Stephen alerted me to this' date=' i didn't even realise Jonah was working on a new project.

Well.... after a few listens... its not too bad. Its got some really lush choruses that piss on all these new emo and post hardcore bands (can of worms opened), and some really good lyrics, first song especially. However, i think i was looking for something a lot more challenging from Jonah, now he's pushing on a bit. Something a bit more like his New End Original album "Thriller", there were so many different moods and techniques showcased in that album, and the song "Hostage" is still up there with my favourite songs ever written. Even in his last album under the One Line Drawing moniker, was slightly more challenging, with the use of explosions in the sky esque guitar work, and excellent rhythm changes.

But all in all, its an ok album, if you like Jimmy Eat World, i think you'll cream yourself over this. You also get 3 videos on the cd, so for 9.99 i can't complain too much.

Now if only Jonah would do a headline tour sometime, instead of continually touring with Funeral For a Friend!!![/quote']

Where did you get it for that price...???

I think it is a great record.

It sounds like some of those songs could be on the OC or on Dawsons Creek or some shit like that, but the songs are so bouncy and happy. Although as you say, it is nothing new from Jonah, he is stil the best at doing that whole take on the emo/post hardcore genre...

He is miles above Jimmy Eat Worl etc....

xXscottXx

Where did you get it for that price...???

I think it is a great record.

It sounds like some of those songs could be on the OC or on Dawsons Creek or some shit like that' date=' but the songs are so bouncy and happy. Although as you say, it is nothing new from Jonah, he is stil the best at doing that whole take on the emo/post hardcore genre...

He is miles above Jimmy Eat Worl etc....

xXscottXx[/quote']

play.com.

If you like Gratitude' date=' and you haven't got New End Original "Thriller", buy it!! some of the songs are like Gratitude, the rest are really really dark and progressive.[/quote']

Got it, it's also fucking ace! Check out 'The Snake, The Cross, The Crown'. Great band!

Jonah is one of the reasons Turning 13 exist' date=' major influence on my bro. After we saw Far live with the Deftones in the Garage we thought, now it would be cool to sound like that.[/quote']

damn my youth and ignorance :down: i wish i could have been born 5 years earlier so i would have fallen in love with deftones and been there.

• 11 months later...

Jonah splitting after one album with new band. Deja vu!!

New End Original was some of his best work. Hostage is still up there with my favourite songs ever.

He's on tour in England as a solo project, not sure if its under the one line drawing moniker though

Jeez' date=' dredged up from page 100 of Aberdeen-Music!

But its Jonah, so its OK.

Yeah, he's doing a few UK tours this year - very few Scottish dates (or anywhere near me), but he swears he'll be back....[/quote']

i'm glad of it, i missed this thread first time round! need to get this album now! :)