Stacatto Set

Small Enclosed Area

Playtone

The Abdominal Showmen

Draw

Douglas Kay

Edinburgh Liquid Rooms

Tuesday 17th May

If its organised the same way as King Tuts T-Break heats, each band will be given about 25 tickets to sell/or give away. Give me a PM in advance if anyone would like a free ticket from the SEA allocation

Also, Small Enclosed Area are playing Monday 16th May in Glasgow, @ Stereo w/ Deadloss Superstar, Morse Code is for Amateurs + (another band whose name i can't remember. Doors prob 8pm, 4.

Rock.

Here is better details for the Glasgow gig

Monday 16th May @ STEREO, Glasgow

Audio Dropouts presents

Wall Street Ammunition Hero Two insane guys with long hair, and hairless IPOD drum tracks. Think shellac, oxes and rabid shouting and hollering. http://wsah.jetcow.com

Small Enclosed Area Elgin/Aberdeens finest return to Audio Dropouts at Stereo to ply a brand new set, full of some of the fattest guitar sounds around. Their direction is similar to Pelican meets Explosions in the Sky. www.smallenclosedarea.com

Morse Code is for Amatuers First Glasgow show from noisy two piece band from Glasgow. Pounding drums and ugly, fat, loud guitars in the vein of Part Chimp, Macrocosmica and Shellac. No website.

Deadloss (Motherfucking) Superstar Aberdeen Punk n whisky n roll roll chaos, for fans of fu manchu, faith no more, helmet etc I also hear they will be bringing a cello (!?) player

http://www.deadlosssuperstar.co.uk

Pedro djs spinning the vibes

Doors at 8pm, 4,

Stacatto Set

Small Enclosed Area

Playtone

The Abdominal Showmen

Draw

Douglas Kay

Edinburgh Liquid Rooms

Tuesday 17th May

If its organised the same way as King Tuts T-Break heats' date=' each band will be given about 25 tickets to sell/or give away. Give me a PM in advance if anyone would like a free ticket from the SEA allocation

Also, Small Enclosed Area are playing Monday 16th May in Glasgow, @ Stereo w/ Deadloss Superstar, Morse Code is for Amateurs + (another band whose name i can't remember. Doors prob 8pm, 4.

Rock.[/quote']

Now I know! Should manage to bribe a coupla people into being Staccato Set fans for an hour or so, given that we are and "Edinburgh band". Can we hire your lot for a half hour?!

Stacatto Set

Small Enclosed Area

Playtone

The Abdominal Showmen

Draw

Douglas Kay

Edinburgh Liquid Rooms

Tuesday 17th May

If its organised the same way as King Tuts T-Break heats' date=' each band will be given about 25 tickets to sell/or give away. Give me a PM in advance if anyone would like a free ticket from the SEA allocation

Rock.[/quote']

The day after the Glasgow show? You can put me in the boot of the car and take me to Edinburgh and then back to Aberdeen with you can't you? ;)

Ok, here is how the final 12 were decided last year, and possibly the same method was used the year before too. According to a judge we spoke to last year, each band is graded out of 10, for different criteria. I can't quite remember all of them, but these will be most of them.

Overall Musical Ability

Strength of Melody (vocal and instrumental)

On stage Performance (tightness + playing to the crowd etc)

Originality (how this can be marked i've no idea)

#There were more but they escape me just now.

Then what happens is that each judge (usually there are 3 at each heat) give their scores to Sarah Holland or one of the T-Break Organisers, who add up each bands totals from the judges, and the top 12 out the 58 or so bands that played T-Break get in to T in The Park.

Take from that what you will, as no doubt you will hear the annual stories from people saying "The bands to play T in the Park have already been decided, before any of the heats have taken place". Even if they have, who cares. You get to play a gig in Edinburgh or Glasgow, in a venue you never usually get the chance to play in, to people in the industry who would never normally see you, to a potential fanbase who will have never heard you, with bands who you would never have met before.

Its a good experience, no matter what the end result, enjoy yourselves and have an almighty piss-up after :cheers: