aberdeen-music

Thank you to Aberdeen-Music

jester1470

Thanks guys for voting for us, it was classic, (I think - obviously) she was pretty convinced she'd won, and to be fair, just before they announced it, in the ad break i turned to Neil and said 'We're fucked'. I havent actually seen any of it, I would gather a fair bit was cut as the main part was filmed on Friday,and wewere arguing for about an hour ;) The Judge was unfairly harsh with us i think in the beginning but she mellowed out towards the end, and came up and congratulated us at the end as well as saying she thought that we would just swing it. Suzanne's face when the results were called made the whole thing worthwhile.

We decided early on that we were going to use the whole thing to promote Aberdeen Music more than anything, which is why I didnt want to mention what Jo and Emma etc have achieved (hence the fact everyone thinking I wasjealous) and I even actually asked Emma's name to be edited out as she brought it up as we didnt want to be associated with kind of cheap publicity stunt. At the end of the day even if we'd looked stupid i didnt want to drag anyone else down, and I'd like to think Stranded have just ruined any chance they have of getting any decent gigs in Aberdeen.

I'm not sure if it was in the show but there was a few great parts where the judge did have a go at her, especially over the money, she asked her what her percentage was ("a paltry 5%") and then commented as she was the claimants she'd only give them about 5% of the money they asked for. In the end I think that the money helped turn things against her, and I could have refuted the jealous thing but i put myself in danger of having the biggest ego in Aberdeen ;) and looking arrogant on their, and she was doing that enough for both of us.

Extra thanks must go to Neil for actually putting up with me, as i was in danger of getting bitter and twisted, and i think he was bored of hearing about me going on about how terrible Stranded were, and the lies (they actually did lie in a few points of their case, and the ultimate insult ;) they attributed Stuart Maxwell's comments to me !!!! ;) ). So thanks Neil jut for putting up with me last night etc :p

So hopefully see some of you guys at the bassment this evening,

Cheers

Stuart

i cant see it doing anything but good for stranded on the contrary to be honest....wise move. Id never heard of them...now I have.

Yes but would you go and see them ? The promoters on here probably wont touch them and they came off looking very greedy on TV, thats hardly the best thing. I really cant see it helping them, most people wont go and see them, they've just proved imo that not all good publicity is good publicity. They also don't have aneasily accesible website meaning that they cantcapitalise on it, the only people who will remmeber them in a few weeks in the promoters etc who still wont book them.

Cheers

Stuart

see im not sure, i would like to hope that no promoter will book them as they do bring trouble to gigs and they are shit anyway just another pishy aberdeen indie band, but as lisa said a lot more people now know who they are and may go and see what all the fuss was about and some promoters may think this as well and want to take the chance that they may get a heap of punters through the door. As i say lets hope they all have more sense than to book these sorry cunts again.

One more thing can anyone tell me which last aberdeen band got 8 lemon tree gigs in a year?

i cant ACTUALLY believe that so many people care about their scene points. Its the lamest thing ever...You like take away a scene point and leave a little negative comment...its so so gay!

In honesty I agree with Stuart, I don't think this will have done Stranded any good apart from their name now being known. Yes it's known, but it's now associated with a fair bit of bad press, and "tainted", and after reading about their fans etc on here from credible sources I expect a lot of people will probably avoid their gigs...

(I think).

Guest haigyman
i cant ACTUALLY believe that so many people care about their scene points. Its the lamest thing ever...You like take away a scene point and leave a little negative comment...its so so gay!

you cared enough to make this post.

How much filming did they actually do? Because it seemed like they only showed about 15-20 minutes... It would have also helped if the "judge" had had any sort of clue on what a message board was etc. Aren't Judges supposed to have a background knowledge on relevant parts of a case?

Hmm... All's well that's ends well I guess! Well done for winning, I voted. :)

I take it Suzanne Stranded won't be joining you and Neil for that drink in Bassment tonight? ;)

Aren't Judges supposed to have a background knowledge on relevant parts of a case?

I don't believe that show had anything in common with a real court...I mean did you see the first guy. He was shouting back at the "judge" lucky Kevin the "usher" wasn't told to take him out back and rough him up a little.

How much filming did they actually do? Because it seemed like they only showed about 15-20 minutes... It would have also helped if the "judge" had had any sort of clue on what a message board was etc. Aren't Judges supposed to have a background knowledge on relevant parts of a case?

Hmm... All's well that's ends well I guess! Well done for winning' date=' I voted. :)

I take it Suzanne Stranded won't be joining you and Neil for that drink in Bassment tonight? ;)

[/color']

I think we argued for just under an hour, a lot was cut it would seem including the part where they admitted they brought this case because they had been banned from the Lemon Tree because of fighting and were blaming me for that. They also missed the part where the judge slagged off her for asking for so much money and telling her she could have her managers cut of 5%. I think that in the original piece they, if anything came across worse, so it makes it even more miraculous we won :)

Cheers

Stuart

I just have to say, it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen, she was such a bender. It was amazing...

Although, I must say, it is kinda cool that she would go that far for something she believed in, but she did it for all the wrong reasons.

There was no way they would have made that much money from doing gigs at the Lemon Tree in 4 months. Shite!

But I think it was just a big puiblicity stunt....

Pure comedy though...

Well done guys...

xXscottXx