aberdeen-music

Ring2(American remake)

Aceness

american version are totally crap, some of it is very predictable, quite boring, they try to go for a "scream" frightning technique, japans version is way better reason why, its a whole lot more disturbing, causing you to feel alot more scared once the film is finished

Guest Logan
american version are totally crap' date=' some of it is very predictable, quite boring, they try to go for a "scream" frightning technique, japans version is way better reason why, its a whole lot more disturbing, causing you to feel alot more scared once the film is finished[/quote']

yes cuz the ending of the Japanese one is SOO much better! WTF? Swimming Pool and dream machines?

I just thought the pacing was well off in this film, It jus seemed to meander on for ages, nothing worthwhile happening for at least the first forty-five minutes. The whole film seemed to trivialise the first one, and i dont think it was half as scary as the first film.. Oh and the Stags looked so cartoony at some points that they looked like they were made from rubber.

i saw the ring 2 last night- it was ok but i agree with whoever said it was slow-paced to begin with. possibly the best bit was when samara was racing up the well- totally freaky! then rachel closed up the well shouting 'I'M NOT YOUR FUCKING MOTHER!!'...best one-liner ever! can't believe that was the only swear word throughout the film! hehe!

Though even that bit with the well, the scariest part of the entire film in my opinion. Seemed silly in retrospect, why did Samara wait till Rachal was half way up the well before chasing her and how did Rachal get up the well so easily considering Samara cudnt get up it in seven days when she was stuck down there? It just seemed to me, lazy writing.

Guest Logan
Though even that bit with the well' date=' the scariest part of the entire film in my opinion. Seemed silly in retrospect, why did Samara wait till Rachal was half way up the well before chasing her and how did Rachal get up the well so easily considering Samara cudnt get up it in seven days when she was stuck down there? It just seemed to me, lazy writing.[/quote']

she got dooshed over the head and fell down unconcious. Uh, lets just say she was in a coma for a few days. Anyways, in the Jap version, you can see her fingers nails embedded into the wall of the well, obviously it was a struggle to get out of there.

That bit in the movie didn't have quite the same scare factor as Ringu 2. When Mai Takano climbs up the well and all of a sudden Sadako grabs her arm and you see her slimy face all close up. yikes! >_<

And whatever happened to the people in The Ring having special powers? Yoichi's mum and dad (and his girlfriend thing) all had this 3rd eye so to speak. Mai could see into the next world or whatever. Nothing like that in the American one.

American remakes are bad.

This is a fact.

Though the remake of The Grudge was actually decent.... but that could ahve been due to the fact it had half the original cast and the same director as the original.

Guest Logan
i thought ringu 2 was a bit shit so i'm not bothering with the american version.

The Ring 2 is nothing like Ringu 2. It's not a remake of that movie at all. It's just a new sequel to The Ring. In that way it makes it quite interesting as you're not really sure what happens.