2 Aphex Model 612 Expander Gate

Ashley SC-66 Stereo Parametric EQ

2 Ashley SC-50 Peak Limiter Compressor

DBX Project 1 Stereo Compressor

Aphex Type B Aural Exciter

Monitors:

2 Tannoy System 1200 Midfield Speakers

2 Dynaudio Acoustics nearfield monitor BM6

It's getting close to being a bargain with all this thrown in.

haha!! And I agree about the potential for a right bargain there! I dunno anything about MTA desks though....I take it they're good? :)

Erm, I live in Aberdeen!

How the fuck would I know how the big boys do it.

I do know that several units mentioned on the rack list retail at about 3-4K so YOU count it up cos I couldn't be arsed.

I reckon there's at least 25K on the outboard but I never deal in anything more expensive than Allen and Grief or Beh(spewma)ringer cos that's all the music industry in Aberdeen can afford. That's also why I've taken early retirement.

Beh(spewma)ringer! :D hehe...need to remember that one! ;)

I'm boycotting all Aberdeen venues over their use of child/slave labour produced Behringer shit....

Fuck the child labour, boycott the venues cos of what these units do to the sound ( not what is says on the tin). I had the misfortune to use a Behringer EQ the other day, fucking awful, next to useless.

EQ at a gig in Aberdeen? :D

I've got a Behringer valve mic pre, does the job, then again, you pay peanuts you get monkeys...

Was looking at the MX8000 (desk that incidentally looks like Mackie 24:8 but isn't a rip off, so they say!) but think I'll hold out till i can afford the Mackie..

What EQ would your recommend? Pultec? ;)

EQ at a gig in Aberdeen? :D

I've got a Behringer valve mic pre' date=' does the job, then again, you pay peanuts you get monkeys...

Was looking at the MX8000 (desk that incidentally looks like Mackie 24:8 but isn't a rip off, so they say!) but think I'll hold out till i can afford the Mackie..

What EQ would your recommend? Pultec? ;)[/quote']

I've got a little Behringer valve pre-amp too. It's better than most in-built pre-amps at this level (especially Allen and Griefs, but their faders only last about six months anyway) and it's handy to get a few more dB out of whispering singers.

DO NOT, on any account, buy a Behringer desk. Fucking awful. You can almost feel them disintegrating under you're fingers. Behringer always say they don't rip ideas off so I'm not going to mention the optocompression circuits in their original Composers. I don't think their lawyers would like me dragging that out into the open again.

Mackies are alright for the price, I've heard a lot worse.

Pulwho?

Woo your chance to own an MTA 980. I used one for a couple of years, but I do prefer it's brother - the MTA 990. It's an inline desk and I prefer it's versatility over the split 980. Nice eq section - although it is only 4 way semi. It is a bit of a snip at $75K for the lot, but no Multitrack :( At least you get 24channels of Dolby SR though :)

Oh, and Christie... http://www.manleylabs.com/containerpages/eqp1a99.html