aberdeen-music

Magazine

NARC

OK...So who likes them? Was listening to "Where the Power Is" - an excellent overview

Real Life is an essential album for anyones musical collection, in my opinion. The Light Pours Out Of Me is one of my favourite songs everup there with Golden Hours by Brian Eno and my current favourite, Dress Rehearsal Rag by Leonard Cohen, who I have started listening to again after a conversation with a certain nationalist you know.

Real Life is an essential album for anyones musical collection' date=' in my opinion. The Light Pours Out Of Me is one of my favourite songs everup there with Golden Hours by Brian Eno and my current favourite, Dress Rehearsal Rag by Leonard Cohen, who I have started listening to again after a conversation with a certain nationalist you know.[/quote']

He's not a nationalist! Only in the sense that he wants an independent Grampian Republic!

He's not a nationalist! Only in the sense that he wants an independent Grampian Republic!

Ha. The correct term to describe him, to be honest, is secessionist, which I always thought I was until I started speaking to him! I wonder if he has enjoyed Man Us high scoring game with Blackburn?

Guest idol_wild
I prefer the Buzzcocks' date=' to be honest.[/quote']

I can see why you feel that way, but I prefer Magazine. Seems like a natural progression from the Buzzcocks.

'Because You're Frightened' is a sublime track. Great bass, great riff. Great song.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Magazine are a personal favourite of mine, which may surprise some. I've always rated them, greatly under-rated band. I have all the LP's, and so should you. Is there any demo/rare/out-take stuff doing the rounds?

Magazine are a personal favourite of mine' date=' which may surprise some. I've always rated them, greatly under-rated band. I have all the LP's, and so should you. Is there any demo/rare/out-take stuff doing the rounds?[/quote']

They have a 3cd boxset of peel sessions/demos/b-sides