aberdeen-music

[wrestling thread] WWE Wrestlemania 21 predictions, possible spoilers

Steve-O

right. well it's 9 days to go so I'll get my predictions for matches sorted.

DAVE vs HHH for the big belt - well I'll go with DAVE.

Reason: I have become a wrestling mark recently. DAVE is stupidly over with the fans. WWE realizes this and to be honest, their PPV buyrate has gone down baaaaaad. so step 1 to sort this is take that belt off HHH and KEEP it that way. plus it's DAVE. DAVE SMASH!

Cena Vs JBL for the other big belt - as much as I would like it to be Cena, I think JBL will somehow retain. Slippery bastard, seems to be unbeatable.

HBK/Angle - Now this one has the potential to steal the show. Putting money on either would be stupid. But I'm not betting, I'm just predicting. I predict that Michaels will take it, however both men will end up bloodied and Michales somehow steals it.

Ladder MAtch - I so want Y2J to take this, he's been treated like shit since dropping the Undisputed title three years ago. But the same could be said for Kane. A poor feud with a sloppy worker (Snitsky) and a baaaad story with Amy "I'll sleep with whoever's around" Dumbass (Lita) hasn't helped Kane out at all. He's easily as good as Taker and a better sportsman. see, while Mark refuses to job, Glenn will job if it'll help out another guy's credibility. However since Jericho has the advantage of ladder match experience I'm gonna give him the match

Eddie vs Rey - now this one could be excellent. the Tag champs facing offski. Both men would benefit from this match, however I'm gonna give it to Rey because a win over Eddie would put him where WWE wants him. They want him out of the cruiserweight division and into contention for the other belts. a win over a former champion on a stage as grand as mania would no doubt do that.

Trish vs Christy for the ladybelt - Trish. Christy is not a wrestler.

Taker vs Orton - Taker to go over Orton to make it 13-0.

Big Show vs Akebono - I don't care.

if I have missed any I apologize

if London vs Chavo goes ahead I pick London. he deserves it.

I agree with pretty much everythin u sed steve-o, apart from the Taker/Cena match. Cena dropped the US Title AND he's the most over guy in WWE if not the entire wrestling world (apart from AJ "the fukin man" Styles), so I think WWE will have him win the belt and give them back some ratings. Lets face it, with HHH stealin the limelight constantly on Raw the only person people are interested in is Cena - as US champ ratings were good, put him as Champ = rating thru the roof.

right. well it's 9 days to go so I'll get my predictions for matches sorted.

DAVE vs HHH for the big belt - well I'll go with DAVE.

Reason: I have become a wrestling mark recently. DAVE is stupidly over with the fans. WWE realizes this and to be honest' date=' their PPV buyrate has gone down baaaaaad. so step 1 to sort this is take that belt off HHH and KEEP it that way. plus it's DAVE. DAVE SMASH!

Cena Vs JBL for the other big belt - as much as I would like it to be Cena, I think JBL will somehow retain. Slippery bastard, seems to be unbeatable.

HBK/Angle - Now this one has the potential to steal the show. Putting money on either would be stupid. But I'm not betting, I'm just predicting. I predict that Michaels will take it, however both men will end up bloodied and Michales somehow steals it.

Ladder MAtch - I so want Y2J to take this, he's been treated like shit since dropping the Undisputed title three years ago. But the same could be said for Kane. A poor feud with a sloppy worker (Snitsky) and a baaaad story with Amy "I'll sleep with whoever's around" Dumbass (Lita) hasn't helped Kane out at all. He's easily as good as Taker and a better sportsman. see, while Mark refuses to job, Glenn will job if it'll help out another guy's credibility. However since Jericho has the advantage of ladder match experience I'm gonna give him the match

Eddie vs Rey - now this one could be excellent. the Tag champs facing offski. Both men would benefit from this match, however I'm gonna give it to Rey because a win over Eddie would put him where WWE wants him. They want him out of the cruiserweight division and into contention for the other belts. a win over a former champion on a stage as grand as mania would no doubt do that.

Trish vs Christy for the ladybelt - Trish. Christy is not a wrestler.

Taker vs Orton - Taker to go over Orton to make it 13-0.

Big Show vs Akebono - I don't care.

if I have missed any I apologize

if London vs Chavo goes ahead I pick London. he deserves it.[/quote']

If that cock Orton ends the Taker's streak i'll personally find and kill Vince McMahon.

I've got another theory about the HHH Batista thing, the announcers are totally talking up Batista at the moment and making him out to be this totally unstoppable wrecking machine who will crush anything in his path - if HHH can beat the unbeatable it'll make him look better - and you know how much pull HHH has in the company, anything they can do to make him look better they usually do.

As for the ladder match, I agree I'd love Jericho to win, I don't think Edge is going to get a title shot after his recent escapades, and I don't think Kane is going to win it simply since he was a late addition as a stand in for Matt and the storyline was probably already written before he was put into the match. Shelton doesn't deserve a title shot, plus the fans couldn't give much of a shit about him, and Christian isn't likely to get a title shot cos Vince has a history of not giving the belt to guys with a smaller build. I'd love to see Jericho win it but I think the smart money's on Benoit, despite the fact that he looks like a tramp.

Also Cena is getting a big push just now, I wouldn't be surprised to see him with the belt. As long as he doesn't turn it into a spinny DJ deck thing I won't mind.

I really hope Angle beats HBK simply because I hate HBK.