aberdeen-music

We're back (And bigger than ever)

The Milner

haha you know what if i hadnt seen how pathetic you really are on sunday i might be offended but as it is.....

Man' date=' if you're gonna argue with people online at least make it with someone who's not a [i']complete nonentity.

Guest Zeenat Aman

This tracks rather good, much better than I was expecting after hearing the live misery track you had up before.

I know it's not the finished product, but to my ears I think the drums and bass could be a little louder because it's making the vocals sound a little bit naked... plus, it's also hiding the fab drumming a bit too much!

:)

Yeah. It's not a bad effect when it works (which by the way I think it does here).

He tried to get us to use it on "It's a Disaster!"' date=' but it really did sound bad. Especially on faster stuff - rolls and the like can sound really false.[/quote']

yeah they rolls is where i think it lets it down a bit.

Guest stuartmaxwell

it seems a bit cluttered, but that might be because (i think) the vocals are a bit too loud

its better than the live one

one of the bits reminds me of just in lust by the wildhearts (no, honestly)

it seems a bit cluttered' date=' but that might be because (i think) the vocals are a bit too loud

its better than the live one

one of the bits reminds me of just in lust by the wildhearts (no, honestly)[/quote']

Stayover - like the Wildhearts, but shit.

Bob

Care to give a quick explanation of this trick?

Basically, Mark has samples of different snare drums and can overlay these samples onto your existing snare sound to either alter it or totally replace it. I don't know exactly how it works, but that's the result.

As far as I know, it works but picking out the frequency at which the snare drum resonates, and then it totally replaces the sound of your snare with the sound of another sampled snare drum...

Sometimes works, sometimes not...

Handy if you have no idea how to tune your snare drum...

xXscottXx

As far as I know' date=' it works but picking out the frequency at which the snare drum resonates, and then it totally replaces the sound of your snare with the sound of another sampled snare drum...

Sometimes works, sometimes not...

Handy if you have no idea how to tune your snare drum...

xXscottXx[/quote']

Or in this case made the snare more punchy and "snappy".

Is it a blend of both sample and actual live drums on this track? It sounds good(even with the inferior purevolume sound:P).

It was a live recording we tweaked with and overlayed vocals upon. So yeah, it's a mix.