aberdeen-music

Great Film: The Village

Guest AmbientMood

It was a terrible, bad, movie. Saying the twist wasn't that important is a redundant point when M. Night has boxed himself into a corner where audiences go into his movies waiting for 'the twist'. And what love story of any note is there? I've seen greater subtlety in the current plot line with Stew and Cindy in Neighbours.

Bryce Dallas Howard is lovely though, and gives a good performance, though it would be far too weird having Ron Howard as a father-in-law for me to marry her. I'm sure she'll be devastated when this comes out...

PS Adrien Brody should also be required to return his Oscar for horribly OTT attempt at playing a mentally challenged character... it terms of Oscar winners-gone-bad he's almost following Cuba Gooding Jr, just as well he's managed to secure a role in 'King Kong' and save this from ruining his career.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

terrible. poor plot, bad, cheesy dialogue. bad twist. this is for geeky students who like to talk 'philosophy' in coffee shops ("what the director was trying to say, was that...MODERN SOCIETY was THE MONSTER! I totally understand where he is coming from").

It was just a very silly film. I personally felt sorry for all the high calibre actors forced into a one note performance by a script that only required them to give each other mystic glances and talk in hushed tones in a weird olde worldy way. I mean surely stalwarts such as William Hurt and Sigonoray Weaver should be given better roles that that! The only charcater with any resonance was the blind girl...and as for that romance. The blinds girls boyfriend was rubbish.I dont think a love story can really work if the other half has a complete lack of personality

Guest Ancient Mariner
Have a scene point my friend! :laughing:

Why was it just a neutral one? Did you disagree with the sentiment' date=' but found it amusing anywaY? :(

Whatever people think of film, surely M.Night is just the kind of [i']auteur Hollywood needs if it is to continue producing films that are even worth arguing over

Guest AmbientMood

Whatever people think of film' date=' surely M.Night is just the kind of [i']auteur Hollywood needs if it is to continue producing films that are even worth arguing over

I guess it's just really strange how people's opinions can differ so greatly. I mean, you guys like the film, fine. Whereas I genuinely think it could be the poorest movie I've ever seen! I actually felt embarrassed for the actors.