aberdeen-music

Fudge Presents:GOLDBLADE

Camie

"Ten seconds into the timebomb-ticking intro to 'Black Elvis' we realise, f**k, just how we've missed Gold Blade. Oh sure, there's been all manner of snakeoil salesmen beefing soul 'n' R&B up with berdecibelic guitar pain in their absence, and the Detroint garage renaissance was anticipated by the Blades's lam-flecked devotionals. But no-one else delivers rock's gospel as surely, as totally, as Brother John Robb. His restless spirit courses through the urgency of the 'Blade's glamour-drenched strut: the sense that every moment of your life is all-or-nothing, to be lived to the utmost, and that rock 'n' roll can be your fuel, your salvation, our reason for living.

And with rock 'n' roll as sweet as this, who'd doubt him? Yowling over a re-tuned Gold Blade, Robb delivers old favourites (the oily sin of 'Hairstyle') and future classics ('Who Was The Killa?') with equal, utter conviction, a prodigal figurehead for a ragtag generation of true believers. Come join the congregation."

- Kerrang!

:music:

Fudge present GOLDBLADE + support

April Fool's Day

Friday 1st April

The Moorings

www.goldblade.com

Support

KARLOFF:Need no introduction-expect blood,sweat and more blood.

Magdelene Cox:they're really rather good. think royal trux meets whitestripes, meets nick cave, meets shellac. lovely.

The Planeteers : Eco Warriors of the 21st Century. Debut gig...expect some rockin', expect some rollin'.

Tickets from Retro Rebels, Moorings,Brian Fudge and all the bands.

First band on at 8pm

... plus! come see fudge get drunk! it's entertainment in itself' date=' kinda.

don't be shy, come on down. the band are looking forward to seeing you.

anyone see john robb on the top 10 pop princesses thing on channel4? poetry.[/quote']

He was also commenting in sky tv's 50 worst decisions ever. Are we to expect some social commentry at the upcomming gig??

arf!

THE SOUL MANUAL SPEAKS TO YOU... hirsute, hair suit the love of the rock and roll.

On the horizon five figures - the true believers stalk the sky line - tuned and focused they have no time for the pointless crap, they are the new soul brotherhood, bountiful troublemakers who believe that making a so-called fool of yourself is part and parcel of the SHED YOUR SKIN EXPERIENCE... burning bright on the martial arts, - weights programmes and hours of meditation - accompanied only by full blast totally hard-core soundtrack that encompasses drum and base, punk rock, hip hop, blues, jazz and rock'n'roll and sweet sweet soul, they have no tinterest in the watered down banal ideas of hip...

I AM THE DIRTY LUST FOR LIFE POPE OF THE ROCK AND THE ROLL

Who owns the rock and who owns the roll... who has the rights to these simplest of movements that have caused so much pain and joy throughout the endless torturous twisting road of the years... yeah just who...

arf!

THE SOUL MANUAL SPEAKS TO YOU... hirsute' date=' hair suit the love of the rock and roll.

On the horizon five figures - the true believers stalk the sky line - tuned and focused they have no time for the pointless crap, they are the new soul brotherhood, bountiful troublemakers who believe that making a so-called fool of yourself is part and parcel of the SHED YOUR SKIN EXPERIENCE... burning bright on the martial arts, - weights programmes and hours of meditation - accompanied only by full blast totally hard-core soundtrack that encompasses drum and base, punk rock, hip hop, blues, jazz and rock'n'roll and sweet sweet soul, they have no tinterest in the watered down banal ideas of hip...

I AM THE DIRTY LUST FOR LIFE POPE OF THE ROCK AND THE ROLL

Who owns the rock and who owns the roll... who has the rights to these simplest of movements that have caused so much pain and joy throughout the endless torturous twisting road of the years... yeah just who...[/quote']

that sounds like something Dave Dixon might come out with in his butlins entertainer after a packet of pro plus mode, but Im assuming its a John Robbism?

Kinda fancy the gig despite that anyhoo

This will be my second Fudge gig in aboot 4 years (yes the first one was sooooooooo fecking poo)

Guest Zeenat Aman
Rob' date=' as you should probably have noticed by now I only have one set of clothes and have worn them everyday since 1991.[/quote']

:laughing: I like you flash, you always cheer me up!

:gringo:

This will be my second Fudge gig in aboot 4 years (yes the first one was sooooooooo fecking poo)

you probably weren't drunk enough :) go on' date=' tell me, who did you see before?

KEEP THE DEVIL OFF YOUR BACK AND HE'LL HAVE THE FIGHT OF HIS LIFE FOR YOUR SOUL

What are these soul crimes and how dare anyone stand up and make any grandiose claims for the feeling... mmm when the drums! yeah! the drums kick in and connect and the words go down and you get that feeling, you know that moment - when you just know that the song is burning and kicking, that's the definitive moment - the moment when it all feels just so right. how can anyone quantify this explosive moment of self expession... yeah! how can anyone quantify...

I'M THE FIRE BREATHING CHEAP TALK DEALING RIDER OF THE STREET LOVING FLASH

... a bond between us and the true believers, the soul power sisterhood and brotherhood...

I TOWER ABOVE THE FILTHY CONSERVATIVES... MY ONLY WEAPON IS MY YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

ha ha my ticket is reserver for this gig ........half of me don't want to go

why?

"our music is the hammer - the tattered banner - let it fly! let it fly! let it fly!

SOUL ON FIRE

three words tattooed onto our lithe and dangerous frames as we prepare for the combat assault on the world in the campaign to save the hard bop it's the cool graft as we take out the anti adidas into the scuzzholes of the uk and spit kick fought back with ferocious intent and now we will return hungrier' date=' meaner, leaner, with an adrenalised sexed up R'n'R vision not only fully intact but fired and burning."[/center']

Seems like as good a time as any to start the latest round of 'Where is father fiend going to make his entrance from?'

New venue = new possibilities.

So in true banzai style, will it be from,

a) HAI! The male toliets,

b) HAI! The female tolilets

c) HAI! Behind the bar

d) HAI! THe celler

e) HAI! A fire escape

or

f) HAI! None of the above

PLACE YOUR BETS NOW!!!!!!!!!

Aye' date=' but if you want to keep your unbroken run of clothes wearing, you might wanna wear a set you're not all that fussed about on the night....[/quote']

Here's a plan for anyone that's interested in some high jinks. MacKays of Queen Street... yes THAT! shop has around 40,000 second hand lab coats on sale right now. Well OK that's not entirely true - they've been on sale for the past 15 years... BUT wouldn't it be freaky for both the mutants at MacKays and the bands, especially Goldblade if 150 people showed up wearing labcoats?

"Picture a man..." nah nee nah nah, nah nee nah nah.