aberdeen-music

Tsunami/Band Aid Show - Urgent

jester1470

According to the Press today:

The Music Hall raised 10' date='000 and had 600 people.

Hmmm.... someone is elling porkies![/quote']

Yeah not sure how that works, bearing in mind that the tickets for the music hall gig were, i think 12, and 600 x 12 is 7200 not 10,000... and thats not including hire of venue and PA hire etc ;)

Cheers

Stuart

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed the gig.. well, I left around ten fifteen so missed Black Atom :down: but the rest was pretty good.

Baby Karma were great and a lot of fun - the covers were well done and I liked their own stuff too - I love Because acoustic and it was nice to hear it all banded up too! And I thought Emma's vocals were really good actually.. It was a little quiet, perhaps, but I think the vocals were underamplified and the keyboards were a bit too loud (not that that's a bad thing, especially with such a Rather Dashing keyboardist as Richant!) but the actual singing was great and not weak at all.

Mind Gone Blind's set rocked too (I think the two first acts were the best), their own material is good (better than the samples on their site as well) and I liked the covers too. I wouldn't say they murdered Pink Floyd at all!! I mean... a little screwy trying to do Pink Floyd without a keyboardist.. *grumble* but they did it well and it was a great song choice that got people singing along. Plus the bassist looks like Phil Collins. :D

The X-Certs were good, they aren't really my kind of thing but they're clearly all top performers and got a good crowd reaction :rockon:

Umm... Onion Terror and Stayover have become entangled in my mind but with some help I think I've managed to figure out which was which... both were pretty cool, Stayover's "Bring on the Sluts" and "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" were good fun and the medley thing by OT was a nice idea and got a great 80s atmosphere going.

And now that I can't say anything about Black Atom I feel bad so I'll just say that THEY WERE AWESOME! :up:

Thanks / well done to everyone involved in the organisation!! 8 was kind of a lot but I reckon it was worth it :)