aberdeen-music

Nintendo D.S.

Skull Commander

sony will kill off the DS like they killed the dreamcast. Who wants two shitty small sreens. The PSP is all screen baby.

BTW I'm sure I posted in this thread yesterday but it appears to have disappeared.

Who wants one big screen, when all that will appear on it will be inferior versions of recent ps2 games, sold at a higher price?

But the ds is absolutely killing the psp in terms of sales...

Besides, nintendo owns the handheld market. and with the ds has done something original, i cant see the release of tekken p, fifa 2005 p, ridge racer p (get the picture) etc doing anything to shake nintendo's hold on the handheld market.

And wait til someone whispers pokemon ds...

Guest Algo Crums
They WILL be inferior versions. The psp is less technically accomplished than the ps2' date=' so the games will not look or sound so good. Plus less capacity on umd than on dvd discs.[/quote']

I just find it amazing how anyone who owns a PS2 can be overwhelmed by the PSP. What's so new about it? It's technically an n-gage, with a little more storage and no phone capabilities, oh and better graphics , because we all know that it's graphics that really makes a good game :nono:

If you have a PS2 at home, and the launch titles for PSP will probably be shit versions of crash bandicoot that have already been out for years, what's the fucking point? There is no innovation whatsoever to the console. Nothing new at all, because it exactly fits the name - Playstation Portable.

Okay fair enough someone can easily point out to me that a launch title for the DS is a remake of super mario 64 with multiplayer capabilities, but thats just one game. Wario ware with the stylus and the new super mario bros. side scroller are just two of the great UNIQUE games that the DS will have. None of this multiplatform shit that has fallen grace to the XBox and PS2. Then again, people are stupid enough to lap it up, so the DS may have a run for its money in overall sales

only in nintendo owner's fevered dreams:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/26/psp_vs_ds_sales/

yea but in the reality of working in game i can say that the ds is owning the psp in terms of interest.

the psp is in no way going to kill off the ds and i think sony are dangerously straying into sega territoy by assuming they'll always be top dog now after two succesful consoles and then launching a handheld to take on nintendo. the gamecube has survived through superior gameplay to the ps2 and the ds will not only keep nintento ticking over till 'revolution' but it will slay the psp. backwards compatibility, as the ps2 proved, can be key when launching a new console.

Guest Algo Crums
yea but in the reality of working in game i can say that the ds is owning the psp in terms of interest.

the psp is in no way going to kill off the ds and i think sony are dangerously straying into sega territoy by assuming they'll always be top dog now after two succesful consoles and then launching a handheld to take on nintendo. the gamecube has survived through superior gameplay to the ps2 and the ds will not only keep nintento ticking over till 'revolution' but it will slay the psp. backwards compatibility' date=' as the ps2 proved, can be key when launching a new console.[/quote']

*Algo Crums wonders when the add on for PSP comes out that supports PS2 dvd discs due to the PSP games failing miserably*