aberdeen-music

battle of the bands

Guest *alex*

last night at drummonds...

you know why you didn't win?...cos of all the half-naked-overally drunk-"dancing"-thrusting-neds...now, that's a distract and a half..'specially when that guy came on stage and nearly danced-into adam..pfffft :nono:

so yeh, well done guys :cheers:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know why you didn't win?...cos of all the half-naked-overally drunk-"dancing"-thrusting-neds...now' date=' that's a distract and a half..'specially when that guy came on stage and nearly danced-into adam..pfffft :nono:[/quote']
"Drunk fux"...they came first...

I'm beginning to see why that band would appeal to those people and hence win... :moody:

Was Tom utilising comical props? He disappoints me otherwise. :D

I'm beginning to see why that band would appeal to those people and hence win... :moody:

Was Tom utilising comical props? He disappoints me otherwise. :D

hah, exacterrrrrrrly

sadly, no Tom wasn't.. :nono:

Shameful.

I'm assuming that when they shouted 'Drunk Fux!' everyone went "Yeeeararararararrrraaaar!" and everyone went 'crowd response=great.' ;)

Yes, precisely, it was funny, as soon as the "Drunk Fux" came on stage, the ENTIRE floor was FILLED..whereas before, they were all sitting up the back..and then when "Drunk Fux" went off stage the crowd vanished with them...

Umm..they weren't me, well i thought they were fairly crap, but it's not really my taste, i guess they were okay :down:

last night at drummonds...

you know why you didn't win?...cos of all the half-naked-overally drunk-"dancing"-thrusting-neds...now' date=' that's a distract and a half..'specially when that guy came on stage and nearly danced-into adam..pfffft :nono:

so yeh, well done guys :cheers:[/quote']

neds? yea get it right there were 2 neds and they only started dancing when the band you like started they lost because the judges obviously thought drunk fux were better the neds got chucked out half way threw that bands set so yea neds? correction 2 idiot neds and drunk fux won because they put the effort in and all friends of theband were in the crowd to support them. the other bands were good also hope they do well in the future

neds? yea get it right there were 2 neds and they only started dancing when the band you like started they lost because the judges obviously thought drunk fux were better the neds got chucked out half way threw that bands set so yea neds? correction 2 idiot neds and drunk fux won because they put the effort in and all the crowd was there to support them.

Yeah but that misses the point of a battle of the bands, it should be judged on music, not on who can bring the most friends. "all the crowd was there to support them.", a good band should be able to take any crowd and turn them onto them so it shouldn't be a case of who has the most mates, thats what bugs me about the whole Battle of the Bands setup, its not a competition of who's best but who can bring the most mates.

Cheers

Stuart

Yeah but that misses the point of a battle of the bands, it should be judged on music, not on who can bring the most friends. "all the crowd was there to support them.", a good band should be able to take any crowd and turn them onto them so it shouldn't be a case of who has the most mates, thats what bugs me about the whole Battle of the Bands setup, its not a competition of who's best but who can bring the most mates.

Cheers

Stuart

ok i worded it wrong sorry, but anyway all 3 bands put in the effort and did a good job and fair play to them all hope they all do well

It doesnt happen by the crowd voting anymore' date=' judges decide who wins, so it doesn't matter who has the "most mates" now.[/quote']

Do you really think that the number of mates brought doesn't count ? Are you that naieve, these competitions make their money through the door, so the more people a band takes with them the better it is for the venue to vote that band through to the next round because it meant they'll take more people through with them, more ticket money, which equals more money for the venue.

Cheers

Stuart

No im not naive, I see your point totally, but I thought what you said was a bit unfair. If the band were not the best of the three, it wouldnt have mattered about how many people were there, they were up against two well known bands, (10 easy wishes won last year I think? and the mighty human generator) which im sure the judges knew, so for them to put the other two bands out at an early stage was obviously because 'drunk fux' were the better band on the night. Also I read earlier that there was only one point between all the bands. Perhaps you are being slightly cynical!? :)

No im not naive' date=' I see your point totally, but I thought what you said was a bit unfair. If the band were not the best of the three, it wouldnt have mattered about how many people were there, they were up against two well known bands, (10 easy wishes won last year I think? and the mighty human generator) which im sure the judges knew, so for them to put the other two bands out at an early stage was obviously because 'drunk fux' were the better band on the night. Also I read earlier that there was only one point between all the bands. Perhaps you are being slightly cynical!? :)[/quote']

Maybe I am cynical but its something to do with seeing too many bands who were easily the best on the night being beaten by bands who think the way forward is to bring their mates. If there was only a few points between them then it seems even more likely that the chances are the rent-a-crowd was the deciding factor. If you're in charge of the venue and choosing the bands and you think that one bands better, but possibly only just, than the other and one band however will generate more cash it seems unlikely that you'd go for the better band. And for the record I have never heard any of the bands mentioned.

Cheers

Stuart

I dont doubt what you have said happens, but there's nothing to say that this is what has happened on this occasion which is what you seem to be suggesting. Apparently you didnt even need to buy tickets for this gig, after 8pm you paid a pound on the door and it went to charity.