aberdeen-music

Fender S1 Technology?

voodoo_chile

interesting. I'm looking at doing some extra switching on my friends squire strat (he feels he's done enough to his original fender strat and i'm inclined to agree) so some push pull switches and various other things will be added :)

any articles about this mythical technology?

A friend of mine did away with the five way and put in three on/off switches, one for each pick up, and fitted a coil-tappable humbucker in the bridge with a push/pull volume pot. Seemed to work pretty well!

He's wanting to buy the Powerhouse pickup set (the one that's got the 15dB gain boost switch) and i was looking at adding one switch so that the 5 way would put the neck and bridge pickups together, plus enabling some series/parallel switching of the middle and neck/bridge when the switch was in one setting and just the standard wiring order for the other switch position.

I have S1 switching in my USA Deluxe Tele. S1 means that when i put the pickup selector in the middle position and press the button it puts the two singlecoil pickups in series rather than parallel causing then to sound like a humbucker.

It offers more sounds with a strat as they are more S1/Pickups combinations possible.

i used to have my stray wired with three volume controls (one of reahc pickup) and the switch wired as a kill switch

i got bored of it and went back to a stockish setup... but minus the tone controls, and with a kill switch in the hole for the top knob

i need a new plan for what i can do with the guitar though, but it needs some new pickups first, anyone got any old pickups they dont need? i am basically after any spare pickups ripped from semi decent guitar when upgrading you dont want and would give me, basically anythign thats an upgrade of the pickups in a 100 strat copy...

David