aberdeen-music

Anyone else's MSN not working?

Guest SeventhStreetRecords

Guest SeventhStreetRecords

Fucking buggers. It's down. So I searched google and tried all these techniques for starting it up again, but to no luck, as it's still buggered. Any clues?

I hate computers.

i had problems with my entire system before chrismas so i go my dads it man round' date=' download beta 7[/quote']

Pardon my ignorance, but i honestly could not understand what you were saying

Like all betas, they are bug ridden, and if you arent going to provide feedback to microsoft (yes, that is the purpose of alpha and beta testing), why bother?

Use 6.2 for the time being i say

about 50% of the instant messages i send, "fail to be delivered" and 50% of the ones sent to me "fail to be delivered"..

i keep getting texts from people saying that my msn has buggered up and it's not letting them talk.

:swearing:

i miss msn plus, someone sent me msn beta assuring me it was better, but nooooo i hates it..if only i could be bothered to uninstall it

Guest haigyman
Whilst I agree that msn 7 is bug ridden' date=' you do get updates on occasion as things get fixed, and I can't say I could be bothered going back to 6.2 now that I've got 7 because it is better.

[/color']

yes and you can make comedy emoticons from your animted gifs

Whilst I agree that msn 7 is bug ridden' date=' you do get updates on occasion as things get fixed, and I can't say I could be bothered going back to 6.2 now that I've got 7 because it is better.

[/color']

Do you actually like it? I used it for 5 minutes, and absolutely hated it. Its a filthy layout:moody:

dunno i only understand what i want to when i comes to computers' date=' i have a new virus scanner witch every night at 7 starts its work[/quote']

Clearly you dont if you think that bugs are viruses. Bugs are errors within a program, not code which deliberately creates errors, which is a form of virus.

i miss msn plus' date=' someone sent me msn beta assuring me it was better, but nooooo i hates it..if only i could be bothered to uninstall it[/quote']

It's not exactly difficult to go to 'add/remove programs' and downloading MSN Messenger 6.2 off http://messenger.msn.com

You get used to the layout after a while, once you've turned off nudges and winks.

Alex MSG plus have already made a new patch for msn 7 beta, it however is also a beta patch, but it seems ok. There are a few problems with it like it doesn't always prompt me when I have a new email hence I have to keep checking, but other than that I'm fairly happy.

Calum and I have already discovered the wonder of animated emoticons... I've already pilfered :rockon: that one.

You get used to the layout after a while' date=' once you've turned off nudges and winks.

Alex MSG plus have already made a new patch for msn 7 beta, it however is also a beta patch, but it seems ok. [/color']

those fecking nudges, whenever i get sent one i have a heart attack, my entire screen totally spazzes out :(

*looks for the patch* ;)

Guest haigyman
those fecking nudges' date=' whenever i get sent one i have a heart attack, my entire screen totally spazzes out :(

*looks for the patch* ;)[/quote']

it takes about 5 seconds to turn nudges off (once rach has told you how)

not even the comedy error message that comes up to do with logs when you close a window?

I'd forgotten about that' date=' it seems to have dispersed itself since it hasn't come up for ages...

Nudges are really hilarious at first, especially when you've just got someone to d/l msn 7 who doesn't know about them, and you can surprise them with one... but they get boring and annoying after a while.

Alex if you don't already know how go to "Personal Settings" -> "Messages" and uncheck the box that says "allow people to send me nudges".

Tada! Nudge free! :)[/color']

msn never works for me now' date=' no matter what version i use

i think its something to do do with me being behind a wireless router

i use e-messenger, which is a java applet that logs on to msn for you and allows you to message people[/quote']

a wireless router shouldn't make a difference...

a wireless router shouldn't make a difference...

Could be either a firewall or browser problem. MSN Messenger requires Internet Explorer for fuctionality, so maybe it should be looked into

i have ie6 although i'm using the aol 9.0 (yeuch) software, which comes with an integrated browser based on ie

i always wondered if it was just something to do with having aol as my isp

whenever someone e-mails me from a hotmail account to my hotmail, aol and g-mail e-mail accounts, it always arrives in my aol account's inbox much much later

it's like aol has got it in for microsoft