aberdeen-music

Foyer Music Open on Saturdays

Terance

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coolness' date=' and are you gonna do some of what you do so well then? ie: vocals? :ding:[/quote']

Hmmm....

To say, "What i do so well," is either irritating sarcasm or blatant hypocrisy. I'm never over keen on making a twat of myself unnecessarily. Besides, i would throw the jam into a long and awkward silence. The more people try to harass me, the less likely it is that they will get the result they want. I'm aware that its what I'm supposed to do, but i do not feel that i should be forced to. I do it in practices and at gigs, and as far as i'm concerned, nobody is supposed to be forced into doing things at these jams. Harassing does not build confidence. Any non-member of the band can stop fucking doing it. I don't fucking work for any of you. This also goes for anyone continually saying that i should not be the singer. Saying that and then trying to make me sing against my will strikes me as somewhat illogical. If I'm that bad, why would you want me to sing. :swearing: Leave it.

Hmmm....

I'm never over keen on making a twat of myself unnecessarily. Besides' date=' i would throw the jam into a long and awkward silence. The more people try to harass me, the less likely it is that they will get the result they want. I'm aware that its what I'm supposed to do, but i do not feel that i should be forced to. I do it in practices and at gigs, and as far as i'm concerned, nobody is supposed to be forced into doing things at these jams. Harassing does not build confidence. Any non-member of the band can stop fucking doing it. I don't fucking work for any of you. This also goes for anyone continually saying that i should not be the singer. Saying that and then trying to make me sing against my will strikes me as somewhat illogical. If I'm that bad, why would you want me to sing. :swearing: Leave it.[/quote']

Dude :moody: chill out.

I know wat u mean though about singing at a jam as its really hard to do on your own , i should be there next week all things going swell and ill help u out man . i have an Int 2 in singing if that is anything to shout about as it takes total BALLS to sing as a guy

:band: Rock oN

Hmmm....

I'm never over keen on making a twat of myself unnecessarily. Besides' date=' i would throw the jam into a long and awkward silence. The more people try to harass me, the less likely it is that they will get the result they want. I'm aware that its what I'm supposed to do, but i do not feel that i should be forced to. I do it in practices and at gigs, and as far as i'm concerned, nobody is supposed to be forced into doing things at these jams. Harassing does not build confidence. Any non-member of the band can stop fucking doing it. I don't fucking work for any of you. This also goes for anyone continually saying that i should not be the singer. Saying that and then trying to make me sing against my will strikes me as somewhat illogical. If I'm that bad, why would you want me to sing. :swearing: Leave it.[/quote']

i dont find it hard at all, its just like playing another instrument, no one is gonna laugh at you for doing your band duetys,

i dont find it hard at all' date=' its just like playing another instrument, no one is gonna laugh at you for doing your band duetys,[/quote']

Lucky you. As for being laughed at, i am inclined to disagree. Precisely how confident would you feel, with any instrument, if people told you that you couldn't and shouldn't play it, and then those same people tried to make you do it in front of a bunch of people. People are also offering you other people to play your instrument instead of you. Just how confident would you be then, hmmm?

fuck them and go get a band that you can control and write meterial on your own, the band im in i just give the microphone all ive got, we are good freinds and never serously take the piss out of each other in the an bad spirit, if they are trying to replace you then you can never trust them, serously get a new band and come back to aberdeen in 2 years when you've succesfully completed you european headlining tour when your cd gos platnuim and your getting laid every night

Guest Startex

Ho hum, think I just touched a sore spot. As that was aimed at me I better respond!

To say' date=' "What i do so well," is either irritating sarcasm or blatant hypocrisy.[/quote']

"irritating sarcasm" it is indeed. No excuses or apologies there.

I'm never over keen on making a twat of myself unnecessarily.

If that's what you truly believe then you wouldn't be the vocalist in a band

The more people try to harass me' date=' the less likely it is that they will get the result they want.[/quote']

That Ill fully accept and apologize for adding too.

I'm aware that its what I'm supposed to do' date=' but i do not feel that i should be forced to.[/quote']

Back to my previous point. You decided to be the vocalist in a band so be proud enough and have the balls to do it.

I do it in practices and at gigs' date=' and as far as Im concerned, nobody is supposed to be forced into doing things at these jams.[/quote']

What is the difference between a gig and a jam? Surely they are the same thing except that the Jam's that we are talking about here are very informal & loose, during which the only time I pressurized you to sing was when the band were giving us a showcase of an acoustic version of one of your songs.

Harassing does not build confidence. Any non-member of the band can stop fucking doing it. I don't fucking work for any of you.

I don't think you should be tarring everyone else with the same brush as me here. It was me who was so irritatingly sarcastic and blatantly hypocritic. You do' date=' however, have every right to tell me to :swearing: off. I have no right at all to criticize. I can't sing a note! You're right, you don't work for, or have to answer to any of us, or [b']anyone.

This also goes for anyone continually saying that i should not be the singer. Saying that and then trying to make me sing against my will strikes me as somewhat illogical. If I'm that bad' date=' why would you want me to sing.[/quote']

Firstly I've never heard anyone saying that you should not be the singer in the band and don't believe that anyone has the right to say that. I've heard FAR worse singers than you in bands! As far as I'm concerned, you have chosen to handle vocals for the band and well done for doing so. Once you made that decision you have to stick to your guns and be as good as you can be. That means that you must be PROUD to be the singer and work hard at improving your vocals. I rest my case.

:swearing: Leave it.

Ok. And on that point, I will apologize for touching a raw nerve. I wish you all the best with your career as a vocalist and My Downfall as a band. I think (hope) you know me well enough to know that there's nothing I won't do to support you guys and help you climb the ladder in front of you.

It was only very partially aimed at you. You just happened to be the unfortunate person who caught me at the wrong time

I didn't feel particularly comfortable in the atmosphere at the jam where nobody else was doing anything.

Johnny McKenna has previously said that i should not be the vocalist, and i often have other people coming up to me and offering me a 'good singer' to replace me.

Basically, these days, we never get to practice, which makes it a hell of a lot harder. If we were practicing regularly, then i would quite possibly have the confidence to sing more often. In the six months or so i've been doing vocals, practices have been steadily on the decrease.

Most of the moaning was actually directed at other people. I appreciate all your points. Hopefully see you on Tuesday, if not maybe for a *gasp* practice at some point.

It was only very partially aimed at you. You just happened to be the unfortunate person who caught me at the wrong time

I didn't feel particularly comfortable in the atmosphere at the jam where nobody else was doing anything.

Johnny McKenna has previously said that i should not be the vocalist' date=' and i often have other people coming up to me and offering me a 'good singer' to replace me.

Basically, these days, we never get to practice, which makes it a hell of a lot harder. If we were practicing regularly, then i would quite possibly have the confidence to sing more often. In the six months or so i've been doing vocals, practices have been steadily on the decrease.

Most of the moaning was actually directed at other people. I appreciate all your points. Hopefully see you on Tuesday, if not maybe for a *gasp* practice at some point.[/quote']

When the HELL HAVE I EVER SAID THAT ive always said u guys are the best thing since sliced bread

:swearing:

Guest Startex
Errr' date=' just like a gig you mean?
Johnny McKenna has previously said that i should not be the vocalist, and i often have other people coming up to me and offering me a 'good singer' to replace me.
Woah, I don't think that Jonathan would have meant that exactly. I'll speak to him as soon as possible and ask him what he had in mnd. aaarrgghhhh... just did, and he put that post up. :nono: Let's all take the big chill pill for :swearing: 's sake. I'll say it again.. you have bigger balls than any of us by taking on the vocalist job with the band. NOBODY can dish ya for doing it, no matter how bad you are. If anybody tries you can just laugh in their face.
Basically' date=' these days, we never get to practice, which makes it a hell of a lot harder. If we were practicing regularly, then i would quite possibly have the confidence to sing more often. In the six months or so i've been doing vocals, practices have been steadily on the decrease.[/quote']You've just hit the nail on the head. Your vocal chords are your instrument. You also have the bass to worry about which means you have twice as much to practice as everyone else in your band. You MUST treat your voice like the musical instrument it is. I just asked Beth why you don't rehearse much. I'll email ya a suggestion as soon as I manage to get through to your damn ao-hell email address. The bands who succeed on this planet take it seriously. It's a job. It needs to be worked at and it's hard work. You can't work at it 9am-5pm as you have school, many other bands have similar problems because they have to work to earn cash to survive. However if you want to succeed you have to work as much as you can on it. I reckon that a band who doesn't rehearse at least two or three times a week is not working hard enough to 'make it'.
Most of the moaning was actually directed at other people. I appreciate all your points. Hopefully see you on Tuesday' date=' if not maybe for a *gasp* practice at some point.[/quote']Ok, you gonna give us a song on Tuesday? :laughing::woohoo:

When the HELL HAVE I EVER SAID THAT ive always said u guys are the best thing since sliced bread

:swearing:

You said it after Kef. You said it might be a good idea to get some kind of professional singer, as you really weren't sure whether i should be a frontman. Those are your words. Maybe i missed the point. You may not have meant what i thought or something, I don't know, but i am 99% sure that those were your words. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

And Dave, we struggle to practice due to financial difficulties and Beth's work, neither of which can be avoided, so its not a case of not working hard enough. It's a question of practicalities.

Guest Startex
And Dave' date=' we struggle to practice due to financial difficulties and Beth's work, neither of which can be avoided, so its not a case of not working hard enough. It's a question of practicalities.[/quote']Hang on, you ARE a profesional singer as you were paid forat least a few shows. One Foyerlive show in particular was very finacially beneficial for the band was it not? That cash is not so you can go out and get drunk, it's for the development of the band. I can't remember how much you got for that show but at 8 per hour for rehearsal that was quite a few paid for in one night was it not? I get the feeling it's not practicalities that are needing sorted but the bands priorities.