aberdeen-music

wanna rock

liamtw

First off the mix on both songs wasn't great though better than some.

Neither song really had a hook or built to anything which was a bit of a disappointment. I didn't find my self remembering much of either song or humming them back. There were some nice touches from all the instruments. I enjoyed the drums and at the begining of "living the moment" as well as the prominant bass part at about 2mins 20secs. Bass seems to be one of the better points. The guitar solo was a little weak though...the use of effects here isn't going to cover up a rather bland part...that said the guitarist has made some interesting use of effects at other points which is always a nice touch. I'll agree with the above both and say I didn't like the vocals much.

Main thoughts: Good but not great. Sounds like you can all play well and I would like to see you live and see how you do that as local band's mp3's rarely do the live performances justice...judging by this theres a good chance you'd be worth seeing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well funny I saw you guys with Clear Tone and The Wynd last night at Drakes and after reading back what I said about recording it still applies about seeing you live. Your obviously all good at playing at your instruments and your stage set up is one of a band who obviously take a pride in their sound and trying to be proffesional. Its so good to see a band that are tight and know what they are doing...but all that said by the end of your set I wasn't really captivated when I could have easily been. You do come across better live and some songs had to some good parts but they didn't really go anywhere...no obvious structure without some hooks/riffs...or just didn't bring the listener somewhere different...so yeah still think the same...really quite good but you don't have that X factor yet. I would def. come and see you again as it was money well speant and never know might do a gig together some day.

I would agree with Tav on some of his points, I haven't yet heard the recordings but based upon last night I would have a few things to say. I really liked a lot of your ideas, you reminded me of a band called 3 Doors Down at times, which in my opinion is no bad thing. One problem I did have with it, is the songs are far too short, or certainly feel too short... We were getting into them,and then they just seemed to... stop. Sound wise you guys are very professional, you have a simple set up which sounds solid and tight, which is a great basis to have... I would not think twice about going to see you again.. but imho there are a few things you can develop... Also if I were you I'd maybe think about recruiting a second guitarist or someone on the keys, at times you could really be done with that extra 'oomph...'

hey thanks for that guys we've only been together for collectivly 6 months so its been a rather productive few months for us! we're at the moorings on the 15th i would love to c u guys there! Btw who won that fudge thing! Sorry we couldnt hang around to c cleartone but we have trouble with transport livin in peterhead an all. But good constructive critisim can only do us good thanks again

hey thanks for that guys we've only been together for collectivly 6 months so its been a rather productive few months for us! we're at the moorings on the 15th i would love to c u guys there! Btw who won that fudge thing! Sorry we couldnt hang around to c cleartone but we have trouble with transport livin in peterhead an all. But good constructive critisim can only do us good thanks again

Ill try and get along, I wouldn't mind seeing you guys again.

ClearTone won the fudge thing... Im sure we will share a bill again soon though.

One thing I would say, now that I have heard the recordings... Is that they don't do you as much justice as seeing you live... But thats the same for a lot of bands.