aberdeen-music

Onion Terror Feedback

Paulscoconutass

Come on gang' date=' someone must ahve a spare 5-10 minutes?[/quote']

I have you CD, what more do you want?eh?eh?

..I think you're tres full of goodness, and agree with the comment, "keep up the good work" :up: ...

I can't come and see you at that gig though! i'll be in shitty Denmark :swearing:

I'm sure it'll be ace though.. :band:

If you take it as tongue in cheek it has it moments, it's quite amusing if you can get past the awful recording. Really though, if I'd heard 10 seconds of the first one and I didn't know it was "Onion Terror" I wouldn't have kept listening. That's when you lose potential new fans. The levels are all wrong, the effects are overused and the vocals are quite robotic, especially in the second song. Besides that they're regularly out of tune. It sounds like one of those 8 hour Toms recordings and those never do you any favours. (Snare sounds awful)

I think you need a better recording and I personally don't like "Knows The Truth" as a song anyway.It depends what angle you're pursuing (sounds like muddy rock) but it's not my cup of tea.

I really don't know what to say other than that. It's a good record for yourself and for your fans as a memento, but I don't think it's a good overall representation of your band and if it were me I'd be wanting something better.

• 3 weeks later...

To be fair though bob, this was always going to be a 'poor' recording for so many reasons. It's the first time we've been in a studio; what's the point in spending 5 days and hundreds of pounds on a process we know little about? Since we've all only got part time jobs, we also couldn't afford to shell out the big bucks. I agree with most of what you've said but i don't think the recording's *that* bad... from a local aspect i've heard much, much worse live and rushed recordings.

Everything you've said has been taken on board and i rekon we'll do at least one more disc in this manner before we go some place massive and more professional like the Mill.

• 1 month later...