aberdeen-music

Best Guitarist , Bass player & Drummer

*Craig_HexPen*

I don't think you can really judge this unless you have sat and watched them play outwith a band environment... you can have amazing guitarists who just play real simple stuff in a band cos its whats right for their music..

Anyway, based on the above..

Guitar - Barry Dodds (ex-Bloody Marys, total genius - all genres, when I first met him he would sit and tab out Pacer-X guitar solos for people, when I last saw him his hero was Eric Johnson)

Bass - Don't know, probably a guy called John Simpson, can play just about anything, currently plays in a Ceilidh band called Garlic Bread, does shows and stuff round aberdeen...

Drums - Bill Kemp - Jazz Drummer, teaches drums in schools... totally amazing.

Originally posted by Frostilicus

I don't think you can really judge this unless you have sat and watched them play outwith a band environment... you can have amazing guitarists who just play real simple stuff in a band cos its whats right for their music..

Anyway, based on the above..

Guitar - Barry Dodds (ex-Bloody Marys, total genius - all genres, when I first met him he would sit and tab out Pacer-X guitar solos for people, when I last saw him his hero was Eric Johnson)

Bass - Don't know, probably a guy called John Simpson, can play just about anything, currently plays in a Ceilidh band called Garlic Bread, does shows and stuff round aberdeen...

Drums - Bill Kemp - Jazz Drummer, teaches drums in schools... totally amazing.

Alas, Bill Kemp, the mysterious drummer who lived next door to me for a while, and formerly played with the Average White Band, is this the same man?