aberdeen-music

Formaldehyde... ick...

Rachie

The DR (dissection room) in the anatomy dept at Marischal has been in the same place for the best part of 200 years.

Med students don't get to dissect' date=' not enough resources and it would get too crowded because of the sheer size of the year, despite being split into 4 groups. We do prosection instead, any material is prepared by the professors beforehand and we can examine it.

Still better than Glasgow's computer based learning in my opinion.[/color']

Err....we do dissection in Glasgow.....

although its about 7 people per body.... And you only dissect the abdomen/thorax....

unless you do an SSM where you get given half a head to dissect....

I remember those days well.....always feeling so hungry during dissection - which is just so wrong......

Tuna and sweetcorn ;)

(And its problem based learning at Glasgow ;) otherwise known as fuck off and find out yourself!)

Lucky' date=' lucky man.[/quote']

:O dundee uni is ace... the med students have had their bodies since about the 3/4th week... which i thought was pretty ace. The only bad thing about it is, they decided to talk about disection of genetalia over the dinner table... plus they've named them.

I went into my friend john's room the other day, and he had a full skeleton (for his homework), in his bed with his pj's on it... nasty med students tryin to scare cleaners....

Anyhoo, what would i know, i'm only a simple primary teacher... :rolleyes: