aberdeen-music

The Libertines are fucking shit!

Hog

"The obvious review here would be to talk about crack smoking or something, but I think so little of this album, I think it deserves an even closer look. Id never really heard these guys on record before, just seen em at some festival or something my band played as well, and was in awe of how terrible this band was live. I felt like I was witnessing a junior high talent show or something. But anywhoo this isnt a live review My first impression here is that all the Strokes comparisons are certainly warranted. Not at all in sound, but theres a similar approach of, Were trying really hard to make it look like were not trying really hard and we look really cool while were doing it sort of thing. Berks in vintage leather jackets playing rock music that never really rocks. Same approach as the Strokes, but at least the Strokes had some memorable melodies. I hope these guys are very aware that if the Strokes never existed, theyd all probably be waiters at a Little Chef or something. But seeing as how the English are so stubborn about having their own British version of everything, their press have pushed these guys into the spotlight to fill the void of Hip looking band thats British. Awwww Im not talking about the album again. Thats the problem with the Libertines music, its the least exciting thing about them. All that happens in the music is a bunch of stumbled through songs with half mumbled vocals that never seem to attempt to be anywhere in key (but Im guessing thats the point or something?). The highlight of the atonal vocal approach is on the third song that sounds like if you were in a pub somewhere in the middle of nowhere in England, and some pissed lush was doing his best to sing along to the jukebox that was playing some Franz Ferdinand or The Strokes or some other similar band."

"The obvious review here would be to talk about crack smoking or something' date=' but I think so little of this album, I think it deserves an even closer look. Id never really heard these guys on record before, just seen em at some festival or something my band played as well, and was in awe of how terrible this band was live. I felt like I was witnessing a junior high talent show or something. But anywhoo this isnt a live review My first impression here is that all the Strokes comparisons are certainly warranted. Not at all in sound, but theres a similar approach of, Were trying really hard to make it look like were not trying really hard and we look really cool while were doing it sort of thing. Berks in vintage leather jackets playing rock music that never really rocks. Same approach as the Strokes, but at least the Strokes had some memorable melodies. I hope these guys are very aware that if the Strokes never existed, theyd all probably be waiters at a Little Chef or something. But seeing as how the English are so stubborn about having their own British version of everything, their press have pushed these guys into the spotlight to fill the void of Hip looking band thats British. Awwww Im not talking about the album again. Thats the problem with the Libertines music, its the least exciting thing about them. All that happens in the music is a bunch of stumbled through songs with half mumbled vocals that never seem to attempt to be anywhere in key (but Im guessing thats the point or something?). The highlight of the atonal vocal approach is on the third song that sounds like if you were in a pub somewhere in the middle of nowhere in England, and some pissed lush was doing his best to sing along to the jukebox that was playing some Franz Ferdinand or The Strokes or some other similar band."[/quote']

LOL!!!!

Never a better statement about them.

Shite at the very best.