aberdeen-music

Holy Shit! How Can Berti Vogts Still Be In A Job?

Johnny Mac

a matter of opinion here, how the hell can Gary Holt for example get in the team, and a host of players who get matches more regularly for Scotland than their clubs, but Hughes, now something of a Rangers regular, be constantly overlooked, he would play out of his skin to impress. As for Burke, i think he is worthy of a place now, Old Firm, Champion's league experience (more than can be said for many of our players) etc, he would definitely cause problems down the wing with his pace, and could be the deliverer of those balls Stephen Thompson needs to get his head on the end of.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tv tanned

Burke's 'Champions League experience' usually ends after round one or two when the huns get stuffed by some pish from eastern europe.

Neither he nor Hughes would add anything to the current team.

a matter of opinion here' date=' how the hell can Gary Holt for example get in the team, and a host of players who get matches more regularly for Scotland than their clubs, but Hughes, now something of a Rangers regular, be constantly overlooked, he would play out of his skin to impress. As for Burke, i think he is worthy of a place now, Old Firm, Champion's league experience (more than can be said for many of our players) etc, he would definitely cause problems down the wing with his pace, and could be the deliverer of those balls Stephen Thompson needs to get his head on the end of.[/quote']

I agree about Gary Holt yes, looks totally out of his depth for Scotland.

Personally, I think Hughes and Burke are both pretty lightweight. They both struggle against spl players, never mind decent players on the international stage. Burke was terrible for Rangers in that last european game they scraped through in, he couldn't beat one man, never mind get a decent cross in. Hughes is an very average player and in a very average rangers team.

Just my opinion though.

Oh, and Maurice Ross should never be allowed near a Scotland jersey again. Terrible player.

utter bollocks!!

what sort of delivery was there to Thompson last night? Burke would bring those vital crosses into the area and create several, if not goals, then good chances at least. Why is everyone so afraid that, heaven forbid!, another Ranger's player is introduced, what harm could it do to introduce a few changes and try and salvage some pride, considering that is all we are now playing for.

Maurice Ross, perhaps yes, he should be barred from entering the Hampden dressing room.

Guest stuartmaxwell

stephen pearson should have been on the left and put burke the right (but close to barry ferguson to protect him)

where they both play, instead of playing fowk outta position

To be fair, i'd rather have Neil McCann in there than Burke. Wonder what the fuck has happened to him.

Has Burke done anything at Under-21 level that suggests he could hack it in the first team? That's a serious question, as i have no idea how he has performed in the under-21s.

Too many old firm players underperform for Scotland all the time. Probably because they are struggling to get a start for the glasgow soap dodgers.

I think we should leave him where he is until near the end of qualifying.

Our squad isn't exactly brimming with talent or experience, another couple of years and seven internationals will at least give the squad the experience part of it, which was the real problem as far as I could see.

Best to get stuffed now under Berti than under a new manager, a new manager will bring confidence but at the moment we're going to get humiliated a lot regardless of the manager so any renewed confidence would be drowned in a pool of bad results.

Giving the new manager the last couple of games in a meaningless qualifying tournament while using the next year or so to find a decent manager seems like a sensible option.

Who knows who'll be available at the end of the season.

Our squad isn't exactly brimming with talent or experience' date=' another couple of years and seven internationals will at least give the squad the experience part of it, which was the real problem as far as I could see.

Best to get stuffed now under Berti than under a new manager, a new manager will bring confidence but at the moment we're going to get humiliated a lot regardless of the manager so any renewed confidence would be drowned in a pool of bad results.

Giving the new manager the last couple of games in a meaningless qualifying tournament while using the next year or so to find a decent manager seems like a sensible option.

Who knows who'll be available at the end of the season.[/quote']

that is the most sensible option, though it is really hard not to demand change when the likes of Walter Smith, Gordon Strachan etc, are available now and we are dropping points in Moldova!

The worst thing about last night was that I wasn't nearly as gutted as I should have been because I was kinda expecting a result like that! Surprisingly Moldova is a harder place to go nowadays as shown by thier result with Italy, to put it simply they were the better team! Still as far as any Scotland fan is concerned that performence was unacceptable, but it just goes to show what standard we are at! We had three semi-decent strikers on at one point, Steven Thompson, Kenny Miller and Stevie Crawford and their were no chances created that I can recall in the second half apart from Colin Cameron's shot. I don't even want to talk about the defence or the midfield, we were never in control. I know there is not alot of talent in Scotland but Berti must take responsibility for seemingly installing a complete lack of spirit and self-confidence. It wasn't a team, it was a mess!

Our squad isn't exactly brimming with talent or experience' date=' another couple of years and seven internationals will at least give the squad the experience part of it, which was the real problem as far as I could see.

Who knows who'll be available at the end of the season.[/quote']

I suppose you're right in a way. It is the players who will be feeling the most hurt and the the most embarresed. After-all they are all Scotland fans themselves and in the end it is up to them to perform, they know this and will be hurting more than any member of the Tartan Army. I don't think any man could rebuild this teams confidence for the next game especially after the media has reared its ugly head. I think Berti Vogts will just have to work harder than he has ever done in his life, to regain the smallest amount of pride possible just now until the end of the campaign. I hope he knows and understands how we feel. I know this is stupid, but I hope the fact that Scotland are extreme underdogs against Italy, every Scottish player will want to prove themselves and hpoefully they will perform. They might just raise thier game, I sincerely hope!

despite it sounding absolutely ridiculous, i just have a lingering feeling we will get some sort of result against the Italians, we did it against the Dutch, and we did it against the Germans, Italy, greats as they are, are also prone to the odd cock-up as the Slovenian's will tell you, yeah, we'll get a draw or recieve the biggest defeat any team, on any continent has ever recieved in the history of competitive football, ever!