aberdeen-music

sites that sell car accessories

Guest Tam o' Shantie

With your Seat being part of the VAG group you might find some good ideas on www.clubgti.com. There is also a classified section, but the classifieds on www.performancevwmag.com are better. Locally you might want to check out www.eastsidevw.co.uk. There's often a good bit of stuff changing hands for not much loot.

I'd pop into Checkpoint in town too.....

A nice set of rims, and getting it lowered will make all the diference to how it looks......

Guest Tam o' Shantie

not really looking for alloys or spoilers or anything like that, maybe some lighting for inside as well as a bit o' chrome (for outside or inside)

edit: what's momo?

Guest Laura@TMB
tomparents.gif

LOL! I wish

Only found your driving licence Tom. As for phoning your parents... Aberdeen is such a small city, isn't it ;)

Only joking. Moral of the story :ding: remember to get your address on your photo driving licence changed when you move out of your parents house.

momo's a company that make accessories mainly for the interiors of cars,they also do a lot of rally type accessories as well,can't think of the site url right now,or if the even have a site...i'd assume they do though,i could find out a good few sites and stuff if you find out exactly what it is you're looking for.(i work in halfords and work with guys who are experts in this kinda thing)

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i am looking for alloy pedals, though i have located a nice set already, a nice gaiter for the gear shaft and a new gearknob, plus green lighting for under dashboard/interior

hey, any idea if tyre LEDs are illegal? the idea was suggested to me by a certain girl who also claims that strip lights on the underside are illegal (only allowed to be switched on if you're stationary).

LEDs etc are commonly know as "wanker lights" and are the single most neddy thing that you can do to a car!!!

Not sure about the legality of the tyre LEDs, but neons are illegal and only allowed if your car is stationary I think. You can also be done with them as your car is "impersonating a police car"!!!

Momo make quality products. I've got a momo steeing wheel, pedals and sill protectors, and they look top!!

Seriously though, if you want to make your car look better the first thing to do is lower it and get some alloys. How old is your car?

Guest haigyman
momo's a company that make accessories mainly for the interiors of cars' date='they also do a lot of rally type accessories as well,can't think of the site url right now,or if the even have a site...i'd assume they do though,i could find out a good few sites and stuff if you find out exactly what it is you're looking for.(i work in halfords and work with guys who are experts in this kinda thing)[/quote']

listen to this girl...she KNOWS

Guest haigyman
hahaha

what sorta stuff is it you're looking for?momo do really nice interior stuff like seats' date='steering wheels,mats and bits and pieces,wolfrace and the like do nice alloys and things,depends what you're looking for.[/quote']

listen to this girl...she KNOWS

Guest Tam o' Shantie
LEDs etc are commonly know as "wanker lights" and are the single most neddy thing that you can do to a car!!!

Not sure about the legality of the tyre LEDs' date=' but neons are illegal and only allowed if your car is stationary I think. You can also be done with them as your car is "impersonating a police car"!!![/quote']

I don't have to fuckin' impress you :p

Well in that case I don't want 'neons'

Seriously though, if you want to make your car look better the first thing to do is lower it and get some alloys. How old is your car?

alloys? no way, dawg. i am not spending 300 quid to make my wheels look shiny. and lowering the suspension? doesn't that make it troublesome to do stuff like go over speed bumps etc? how much does it cost?

alloys? no way' date=' dawg. i am not spending 300 quid to make my wheels look shiny. and lowering the suspension? doesn't that make it troublesome to do stuff like go over speed bumps etc? how much does it cost?[/quote']

Lowering springs are roughly 40 a corner. You only really have trouble with it if you go seroiusly low with body kits etc and you'd need coilovers to do that at anything upwards of 500 for a decent set.

You can pick up really nice second had wheels for alot less that 200 quid......