aberdeen-music

The Filth And The Fury

Guest allsystemsfail

Guest allsystemsfail
i don't think punk should have any facets like having a political stance' date=' see the way you're talking now about punk, its as if being left-wing is part and parcel with being part of that whole scene, punk wasn't about that, punk wasn't about wearing a uniform or being part of a community, the whole point was to be absolutely honest about yourself and honest and realistic in everything you say and do, to be an individual and think for yourself and express yourself freely

i think you're too caught up in your own political opinions now and you just sound like a big ball of confusion, i am also not liking this "i'm right and you're wrong" attitude emanating from the things you're writing, i will make my own mind up about things like politics thank you very much, i don't need you to explain to me whats wrong with the world so please, go ram your political opinions down someone else's throat

now getting back to the real point about punk, it was an expression and attitude that transcends things like politics, politics had no place in people making such music, people just made such music because they simply could and it inspired others to do the same because it shown you didn't need to be a great guitarist or a fantastic singer to do it, you just do it and people either like it or don't, doo dah, i don't like where you're coming from with your whole attitude towards punk, i think you've misunderstood the whole concept pretty much[/quote']

My points regarding punk? These are not only my views, but the view of most involved in the punk underground. Anyway, regarding punk's link with political struggle, I guess we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

To my ramming my political opinions down your throat? That was never my intention, and I apologize if it appeared as though I was doing just that. I expressed only what I believe.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My points regarding punk? These are not only my views' date=' but the view of most involved in the punk underground.[/quote']

i couldn't care less how many people in the punk underground think like you, the whole point of punk is to have your own views and opinions and to express them as loud as you want, i am not stopping you having your opinion, have it if you want but i don't need a community or the backing of the "punk underground" you talk so highly and loudly of to back any opinions i have up or to tell me how punk enough my attitudes and opinions are

Anyway, regarding punk's link with political struggle, I guess we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

To my ramming my political opinions down your throat - I expressed only what I believe. You can accept or reject what I say as you wish.

i am neither accepting or rejecting anything you say, i think what i don't like about your attitude is that its an "i'm right and you're wrong" attitude, nothing personal mate, its just the way you come across sometimes ;)

Guest allsystemsfail

i am neither accepting or rejecting anything you say' date=' i think what i don't like about your attitude is that its an "i'm right and you're wrong" attitude, nothing personal mate, its just the way you come across sometimes ;)[/quote']

I agree that in making my posts it can often appear that I may be claiming some superiority - that I believe that only I am correct, but this is not what I believe. I take a lot of care with my posts, and do try not to offend. Sure, I do fail a lot of the time, but I am trying.

You can believe what you want. My conscience is clear.

I also asked you a number of questions which you failed (or perhaps couldn't) address. For instance I asked you to list the compromises I've made - you said I've made many. I asked you also' date=' as you'd demonstrated great concern about the treatment of workers, if you were in any way active in the labour movement. You did express concern did you not? What was it you called supermarkets? Bastards wasn't it?

And as I've said - a fact which you've conveniently ignored, we are all tainted, all have to make compromises. We must do so in order to function in todays world. And yes, I do fully recognize this. So yes, I guess we are all hypocrites to an extent. However, as I said, there is a limit to what we all can do. Almost all activities are tainted in some manner or other. All we can do is our best.

You know, I'd have a little more respect for those such as yourself who challenge my politics, if they themselves were active politically, did anything at all. Pointing a finger at folks is easy. Taking political action is, as I've said, something else.

And this matter of Safeway - is that all you can use against me - that I once worked a job there? If so, then your arguement is extremely weak - ridiculous in fact. Shit, we're not talking McDonalds or Gap, working on the floor of a slaughterhouse. We're talking about a supermarket chain. And a fairly harmless one at that. You know what this kinda reminds me of? The folks who seek, in order to justify their own standpoint - that they can still feel good about themselves - so they can feel no guilt, to find faults in the arguements of those campaigning for animal rights. Hey, you're wearing leather shoes. Satisfied they've found a flaw, they go off on their way. It's pathetic.

And how did my fellow activists - folks active in the anti-capitalist cause over many years, both here in Britain and on mainland Europe, how did they view my working a job at Safeway? They thought nothing of it.[/quote']

read my post in the other thread my angry friend, the same applies.i simply was fucking about because the use of phrases with 'tainted' and 'part of the machine' apealed to me as funny insults.nothing more.i'm not following you home with a knife in hand, i'm poking fun at you because you make yourself an easy target.

I agree that in making my posts it can often appear that I may be claiming some superiority - that I believe that only I am correct' date=' but this is not what I believe. I take a lot of care with my posts, and do try not to offend. Sure, I do fail a lot of the time, but I am trying.[/quote']

if you offended more and took less care you'd fit in great and life would be peachy.ironically, that would make you part of the machine.

I agree that in making my posts it can often appear that I may be claiming some superiority - that I believe that only I am correct' date=' but this is not what I believe. I take a lot of care with my posts, and do try not to offend. Sure, I do fail a lot of the time, but I am trying.[/quote']

it wouldn't matter to me if you were trying to claim superiority or trying to say you're correct anyway, i disagree with the things you're saying and no matter of things you're saying would make me change my opinion but fair play to you, stick to your guns is what i always say :up:

Guest allsystemsfail
read my post in the other thread my angry friend' date=' the same applies.i simply was fucking about because the use of phrases with 'tainted' and 'part of the machine' apealed to me as funny insults.nothing more.i'm not following you home with a knife in hand, i'm poking fun at you because you make yourself an easy target.[/quote']

If you were to hang out with me, you'd see that I am not the person you believe - with no sense of humour. Shit, nothing could be further from the truth. You only got to ask my close friends. However, if we're talking politics, then that is something else. You also gotta consider that I don't know most of the folks here. As I say, you got me all wrong.

Anyway, take it easy.

If you were to hang out with me' date=' you'd see that I am not the person you believe. A lotta my time (with friends) is spent just talking about nothing - just joking around, talkin bout shit. However, if we're talking politics, then that is something else. You also gotta consider that I don't know most of the folks here. As I say, you got me all wrong.

Anyway, take it easy.[/quote']

see, i cant argue with that.sorry for being a cunt, i could have been less full on i suppose.i rarely apologise for shit like this so take it as meant.

Guest allsystemsfail
it wouldn't matter to me if you were trying to claim superiority or trying to say you're correct anyway' date=' i disagree with the things you're saying and no matter of things you're saying would make me change my opinion but fair play to you, stick to your guns is what i always say :up:[/quote']

I can't win. Damned if I do. Damned if I don't. Anyway, cheers for your words of support.