Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trikelops

New Blues Jam.

39 posts in this topic

Two weeks to go!  Time to finish the neck re-set on your '59 ES330, or do the caps on the blackface Deluxe Reverb- the one, without which, your tone is forever in disguise.  ;)

Alternatively, you could just plug your Squier Strat into one of my selection of non-vintage, but loud combos....and give the regulars a few songs.  Extra points for obscurity and singing in tune.  Deductions, if your pedal board is bigger than a tweed guitar case!

13th at 3pm.  Daviot has only one bar- you can't miss it!    Be there- or be rectangular.  :)

Already got my gear looked out and raring to go for this Sunday. Full backline all ready for you, bring your instrument and/or songs along and have a great time jamming. Last one was a belter, let's make this one even better. It's got to be a good omen, Flaneur found his capo!

Next jam is on Sunday the 29th of January, starting at 3..........

I have a Mojo Hand, thanks..... but if you have any surplus John the Conqueror Root you don't want- I'm in the market.  :D

Ahh, but is your Mojo actually working? I'm looking for a Gypsy woman to give me some advice at the moment. Looking forward to Sunday.

I always assumed a Devil Woman was just and Evil Woman....in the key of D. ;)

A Black Magic Woman will make you go blind!

23 hours ago, Trikelops said:

Ahh, but is your Mojo actually working? I'm looking for a Gypsy woman to give me some advice at the moment. Looking forward to Sunday.

Is this the same Gypsy Woman that used to tell your Mother?

Next Jam is on March 26th, starting at 3. 

On February 4th, 1932, Tampa Red recorded 'You can't get that stuff no more'.  Wonderful song though that is, I have to tell you that - 85 years later- you still can get that stuff......and you will, if you come to the jam.  :)

Posted (edited)

This Sunday, 26th, come along and have a jam. Starts 3 pm.

Well I have had my fun....

Edited by Trikelops

http://www.kffa.com/2015/11/11/king-biscuit-time-show-audio/

The first lunchtime radio show for field workers in the American south, was broadcast on November 21st, 1941.  Sonny Boy Williamson 2 and Robert Lockwood Junior were the hosts.  Now it's the longest-running daily radio show in US history..........

Yesterday's show started with a Sonny Boy tune- 'Fattening frogs for snakes'- which is a favourite of Ab-Mus correspondent Trikelops.  At the last count, he had performed this song in public on 3,481 occasions.

It would be nice if the Smiddy Blues Jam became a 76 year fixture in the local music scene.  The next edition begins at 3pm on May 28th.  Come along and have some fun.  You'll be able to tell your grandkids you were in at the start.;)

It will be 3,482 times on the 28th Flanuer. Sadly, I doubt if I'll still be around in 76 years time, think I'm lucky to have made it this far.

Looking forward to the 28th for sure. Hoping for another great day and plenty of good music.