aberdeen-music

Oasis - Definitely Maybe DVD

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch

Haven't seen any threads devoted to this ace DVD yet so thought it would be only fitting to ask if anyone else bought it?

Got to admit, and i know this may get me lynched but i still think Definitely Maybe is one of the best debut albums by a UK band that i have ever heard, next to The Stone Roses' eponymous album and Jesus And Mary Chain's Psychocandy.

Oasis seemed to have this great knack of playing such basic rock n roll and making it sound like the size of a planet, i honestly can't think of any other band that has brought out an album in the last couple of years with such strong singles as Supersonic, Cigarettes & Alcohol, Live Forever and Shakermaker.

Even album tracks like Columbia and Bring It On Down are such bloody well-written songs, i doubt anyone can deny Noel Gallagher's talent for writing good catchy rock n roll songs on that album at all.

Its just a shame they never made another album half as good as Definitely Maybe.

Just looking at the footage on the DVD, i doubt anyone can deny that Liam Gallagher is probably one of the most confrontational and engaging frontmen since John Lydon, he was a hell of a presence and still is i think to this day.

Well worth a buy if you really dig Definitely Maybe, some ace interviews and live footage, highly recommended.

havent bought it yet, but will be getting it soon. theres no doubt for me thats its one of the greatest debuts of all time - every song is great and just so....big

i was really disapointed with Heathen Chemistry, that album made me realise how far they had dropped from their debut. still, im hoping against hope that your new album will be decent.

I think Morning Glory had some good tracks on it but wasn't as consistent as what Definitely Maybe was, i kinda liked D' You Know What I Mean on Be Here Now but i hate that fucking All Around The World song on that album with a horrible bloody gory vengeance and Gas Panic on Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants was about the only decent track on that album, ain't heard Heathen Chemistry, i had lost patience with Oasis by then but i always dig out Definitely Maybe and am happy to play it all the way through.

They had some pretty damn good B-sides i remember too, stuff like Acqueisce and The Masterplan i always thought would've made great album tracks on Morning Glory instead of shit like She's Electric or Hey Now!