aberdeen-music

lifeshade breaking up

spellchecker

299lifeshade.jpg

Yes, it seems the letters on my t-shirt are finally beginning to crack up. Ah well, all good things must come to an end.

Lifeshade have changed their name, and the band itself, somewhat. Lifeshade are now known as DEAR JOHN. In the last year we have strived to integrate more technology into both our recordings and our live set. The latter part took longer than we expected. Ahem. For a sample of the kind of material we may play live, please have a listen to a song featured on the fudge fanzine before last:

Keep Us Apart

Playing live, we will be using samplers, keyboards, drum machines, anything we can really get our hands on and plug in. We will of course still be the complete live band we were before. Our set will feature a lot of new material, as well as some reworked songs from our past.

We have our first gig in over a year at Cafe Drummonds on Monday 4TH OCTOBER. It's part of the battle of the bands thingy. As such we won't know what time we are playing until the night itself. If you had an interest in Lifeshade a while ago, please come down and support us, we'd love to have someone to play to. If you have never heard of us and have an interest in loud/rocky/electronic music, then again, please consider coming down to see us on the 4th October.

Ta

Paul

Sure you don't mean 'whatever else we can persuade the poor overworked and underpaid soundman is necessary'

err yeah, i was kind of worrying about that today, as i counted up the amount of DI boxes we'll need. do you know how many there are in drummonds? my ball park figure was that we'd need 5 (including one for the bass). though i think we could cope with four.

err yeah' date=' i was kind of worrying about that today, as i counted up the amount of DI boxes we'll need. do you know how many there are in drummonds? my ball park figure was that we'd need 5 (including one for the bass). though i think we could cope with four.[/quote']

We've got enough (although that'll mean dusting off the mains powered ones, and, because people do so love stealing our power cables,I'm not sure if there's enough left. Ingrates!) but it's also down to channels on the desk. We'll work something out though, the show must go on etc.