aberdeen-music

Jazzmaster pickup recommendations?

Graham

I have a Squier vintage modified Jazzmaster, which is a lovely guitar to play but the Duncan Designed pickups are really letting it down.  The bridge sounds thin and harsh and the neck sounds a bit muddy when used with overdrives and distortion.  Can anyone recommend some replacements?  Or does anyone have any for sale?  Even some stock Fender ones would probably be an improvement.  Thanks!

I have a Squier vintage modified Jazzmaster, which is a lovely guitar to play but the Duncan Designed pickups are really letting it down.  The bridge sounds thin and harsh and the neck sounds a bit muddy when used with overdrives and distortion.  Can anyone recommend some replacements?  Or does anyone have any for sale?  Even some stock Fender ones would probably be an improvement.  Thanks!

I've just replaced the Bridge pickup in my Japanese Jazzmaster with a Duncan Antiquity II. Will be replacing the neck pickup shortly.

So i've got the Japanese bridge pickup sitting if you fancy it? They don't really sound like a traditional USA Jazzmaster pickup, more like a really big strat pickup. It'll be a lot warmer than the Duncan Designed one.  

Ha ha yes Dave did tell me about you changing the pickups in a Jazzmaster and I did ask if he knew if the spare would be for sale, so yes Col, I'd take it!  I'll give you a message and we can sort it out.

Stevie, would you maybe be up for fitting it?  Dave said you were setting up guitars now.