aberdeen-music

MCR Last night.....

HowLongIsTheNight?

My Chemical Romance was amazing last night! a two piece from Canada opened up for the night (Bass player and singer/drummer), can't remember their name for the life of me. They were really good, they had a very dirty sound with some nice electronica thrown in for good measure. Didn't think a two piece of that nature could generate so much noise.

The mighty yourcodenameis:milo came on next and they re-affirmed why they are going to be huge, by playing a very tight set. The new tunes are sounding huge, new single out in October (hint hint nudge nudge wink wink etc), followed by album some point next year, can't wait. Managed to get a setlist from a very nice security guard (owe a pint to him next time).

Then on with the show....My Chemical Romance walked onto the stage, and then the magic happened. They opened with Thanks For The Venom, then Honey This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Both Of Us. Much ass shaking and sing-along antics followed highlights including Our Lady Of Sorrows, Helena and You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison. They finished their set with the amazing Vampires Will Never Hurt You, which set the place on fire (no not literaly). Before the gig I managed to get Gerard to draw my a nice sketch in my sketch book of a vampire, and a great night was had by all in attendance. Roll on next time MCR come back to Scotland, Aberdeen perhaps..... :rolleyes:

My Chemical Romance was amazing last night! a two piece from Canada opened up for the night (Bass player and singer/drummer)' date=' can't remember their name for the life of me. They were really good, they had a very dirty sound with some nice electronica thrown in for good measure. Didn't think a two piece of that nature could generate so much noise.

The mighty yourcodenameis:milo came on next and they re-affirmed why they are going to be huge, by playing a very tight set. The new tunes are sounding huge, new single out in October (hint hint nudge nudge wink wink etc), followed by album some point next year, can't wait. Managed to get a setlist from a very nice security guard (owe a pint to him next time).

Then on with the show....My Chemical Romance walked onto the stage, and then the magic happened. They opened with Thanks For The Venom, then Honey This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Both Of Us. Much ass shaking and sing-along antics followed highlights including Our Lady Of Sorrows, Helena and You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison. They finished their set with the amazing Vampires Will Never Hurt You, which set the place on fire (no not literaly). Before the gig I managed to get Gerard to draw my a nice sketch in my sketch book of a vampire, and a great night was had by all in attendance. Roll on next time MCR come back to Scotland, Aberdeen perhaps..... :rolleyes:[/quote']

fucking jesus.what a night!

the first band were interesting-two canadians called death from above 1979,amazing bassist.based their songs around bass and drums with some pretty cool electronica bits as well and most of the songs were about your mother's drug problem if i can remember correctly.had a really dirty and funky sound,were probably one of the last bands i would imagine to be in the same line up as my chemical romance and your codename is milo but enjoyed them all the same.

next on were your codename is milo,almosat died with happiness when i found out they were supporting,everyone should check out this band(their vocalist/guitarist is a lefty so they are automatically genius)they're really good fun,the songs are fairly heavy but catchy all the same.they played my favourite track-iron chef which has a really lovely melody and their new single sounds promising,rocked out and were enjoying every minute of it.

then came mcr.i LOVE this band to bits.really.if sliced bread hadn't been invented then my chemical romance would be the best thing ever.no shit.the hooks are there,the talent,the riffs,choruses,stage presence,man these guys can put on a show.drums and guitars are at massive speed for most of the time but the band remain so tight it's unreal and with a new drummer as well they really pulled it off.

they opened with Thank You For The Venom off the new album has an awesome opening riff and when gerard's vocals kicked in the place went crazy!EVERYONE was singing this song,in fact everyone was singing most of the songs.gerard's and frank's harmonies were spot on and really brought the song to life.

next they played two songs off the old album produced by the lovely mr geoff rickly-honey this mirror isn't big enough for the two of us an our lady of sorrows,both songs were played at breakneck speed(especially our lady of sorrows)and the band gave their absolute all to put on a hell of a display during these two,frank(iero,guitar)and ray(toro,guitar)were absolutely crazy.

next they played helena-the opening track off of three cheers for sweet revenge,beautiful melody,intertwining guitar parts and a soaring anthaemic chorus.once again gerard was pouring so much emotion into this you could almost feel it.fantastic.

then my favourite track of T.C.F.S.R. you know what they do to guys like us in prison-this song is just oozing style and cool,from the swaggering jazz style intro to the all out ass-kicking rocking like a mofo chorus all complimented by the genius lyricism this song was my second biggest highlight of the night.

next came the slowjam of the set-ghost of you from the new album,was absolutely beautiful with heartfelt lyrics and an awesome guitar interlude.

headfirst for halos was the next song,off the debut album,so crazily upbeat musically but so dark lyrically,this contrast just made this track mindblowing in a live situation.

next came the two most catchy pop-punk songs off the new album-give 'em hell kid followed by i'm not ok(i promise).both tracks were received so well by the crowd and quickly turned into mass singalongs.

then came the finale-my favourite my chemical romance song-vampires will never hurt you,off the debut album i brought you my bullets,you brought me your love.this song has it all,it's catchy enough but still reasonably heavy,a couple of time changes,crescendos everywhere,so many different styles of singing,harmonies and a cool intro on the drum and bass.the band put absolutely everything they had left into the last song,so did the crowd i think,everyone went nuts and was enjoying every second of it,surprised king tuts is still standing.

that was it then mcr left the stage to rapturous applause,followed by muchos drinking in the cathouse.hope they enjoyed it as much as i did and that they come back soon!

phew-gonna shut up now.i could talk about this band for hours!

:)