aberdeen-music

Sodium Orange

Guest Stripey

Guest Stripey
just out of curiosity' date=' was you watching a film or reading a book before you made this?

i like the mix of quite a dark beat with a soft innocent melody

this is awsome but sadly too short-i await prt 2[/quote']

Cheers. I was just feeling pretty lucid a few days back when I wrote the melody. Part 2 will continue it down a darker road ;)

Guest Stripey
It's got a cool 'downer'vibe. I'd like to hear it with bass' date=' but less drums (just some quiet percussion). The added analogue 'hiss' gives a retro efect, too.

I like it.

Some flute would be great (hint!)[/quote']

Cheers for having a listen. I have been on quite a downer this week actually, I find it is good in someways because I just hit the keys without giving a shit, the true feelings seem to come out etc. I put quite a lot of work into getting the drums to sound gritty like that.

I'm gonna do a 2nd part this week with less chords and more bass and developed percussion, and added instrumentation.

Guest Stripey
Don't mind my drum comments.......I'm just not a massive drums fan at the best of times. I'd like to hear part two' date=' though![/quote']

Sorry, I didn't mean it that way, I was talking about the hiss on the drums ;) I'm a percussion addict really.

Part two will arrive this week hopefully, and be a natural step forward from this one. I'll see if I can aquire some flute from somewhere ;)

Guest Stripey
That's quite good. I'd say there's nothing wrong with the drums myself. Nice melody.

With a really good bass riff' date=' that could be something pretty darn good.[/quote']

Yea I was too lazy to put in some bass, the drums deserve it though really I think. Thanks for having a listen.

Guest Stripey
emo!!

kidding as you may have guessed' date=' i take it you still have no plans to release anything?[/quote']

I don't really have a coherent idea for a project in this vein ready yet, although I have been getting some ideas, just gotta see how it goes.

Guest Stripey
well what ever you deicide to do keep me posted' date=' also do you have some of the tracks you had done around summer last year?[/quote']

I can't really remember the stuff I was doing last year, a lot of it just gets deleted! The only things i have online just now are on the frontpage of my site.