aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Swissroll

Arctik - a breath of fresh air in aberdeens music world

Played kef aug 28th - Well i will admit i only stayed for the first two bands of the night, i got bored to hell of the second one, born solo i think it was, the one with nirvana covers, anyway, listening to the first band arctik, it was nice to at least here some fresh new sounds at kef, and i have to admit, i did kinda like them, one or two mistakes in the set, but not bad for there second time there, shame bout the small crowd, but none the less, i hope to see big things come of arctik - a mix of led zep rock meets radiohead, least in my opinion, genuinely good band.

Thanks for the encouraging words, we felt as if we had a shit night at Kef last saturday but hope to bounce back with a bunch of new songs soon. We wont have any gigs during September as I will be away but hopefully we will have something lined up for sometime in October.

Tom

as in the bands style of music, the traits of the rocky side of zep, mixed inbetween the rythms and tunes of radiohead - and the breath of fresh air they be as its nice to have something of a new sound to listen to

3 decades pfft......im just sick and tired of all this shit rock being played nowadays . eg - in the majority all kef seems to play anymore is the same old punky or ska type music and it gets old and crap very quickly, so its nice to have someone breaking the mould

hmm, didn't think they were particularly like led zepplin but then i hate led zepplin. didn't think they were much like radiohead either to be honest and i love radiohead. but well, there ya go.

shame you didn't stay for us that night. you might have enjoyed us, we're not ska.