aberdeen-music

FS: 1981 Guild B402-A - £900

neepheid

For sale I have one very rare bass, a 1981 Guild B402-A, one of only 335 made of all varieties, of which this is the 313th (assuming linear serial number use...)

Body: ash

Neck: maple/rosewood, set

Frets: 22

Pickups: 2x Guild single coil

Bridge: Guild BT-4 bridge (a cross between a Gibson 3 point and a Schaller 3D)

Electronics: Guild preamp, 2 band EQ

Controls: volume, volume, pickup selector, phase switch, passive/active, bass, treble (active only)

01.jpg

The bass sounds fantastic - both pickups together in particular sound fantastic (when in phase) - they complement each other instead of what I usually find that they kind of cancel each other out. Here are some soundclips (in the filenames, read "parallel" as "out of phase" and "series" as "in phase" - when I first got the bass that's what I thought the switch did) - http://www.ifb.co.uk/~matthew/mp3/b402-a%20soundclips/

This bass is in pretty good nick for its age, there is some lacquer checking on the neck and the body but you can't feel the cracks when you're playing. There is some damage at the bottom edges of the headstock, probably caused by an unpadded wall hanger and a few lacquer cracks. The bass comes with the original hard case - it's a little tatty and one of the catches has lost a spring (still works, but you have to lift it by hand). I even have a key for the case.

Here are the photos.

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Can take more photos on request.

It is difficult to price these, but I'd be looking for £900 for this very rare bass.

20110813-cruden-bay.jpg

Bassist and rig not included ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...