aberdeen-music

Metal on 24th Oct feat Errata, Loaded + more

kirkt

featuring:

Errata www.errata.co.uk If you like your metal extreme then you'll love these Edinburgh metallers. Def one for fans of Raging Speedhorn etc

Dumpvalve www.dumpvalveworld.com Modern sounding melodic metal, this is NOT nu-metal so dont worry...more like Machine Head but with a unique twist. how these guys are still unsigned is a mystery to me

Multiple Injuries www.multipleinjuries.co.uk Brutal thrash metallers, heavily influenced by Slayer with a touch of Pantera and hardcore punk

local support from:

Loaded: metallica influenced metal full of metal and guitar solos

Reap (TBC): Hard hitting metal in similar vein to Soulfly

@ DRAKES, 24th october....4 tax (3.50 with a flyer...doors 8pm...dont miss this one)

Errata are very good.They are absolutely nothing like Speedhorn however.

Why does Aberdeen keep having to providing touring bands with bad support:Reap and Stillborn for example.There is a difference between giving a band a chance and encourageing them to produce more dull/uninspiring music.

reap

to reply to frank, im sorry i have to disagree with you, i saw reap play and thought they were awesome! i know of other people who think the same, if anyone agrees then reply coz i hate when people automaticaly assume that just coz its not their taste in music they think they are crap.

Guest absolute zero

hows about lettin an edinburgh band like erratta come and play with another edinburgh band like absolute zero then put us on with a local act?might be a better idea to draw in the crowds seein as to be quite frank it is shit seeing the same local bands it does happen in edinburgh too.im not critisising but i just think that it may be an idea to get us bands to do gigs in your venues and let us hook you up down here.we dont actually mean the erratta gig but in principle it may be an idea in the future.Also are any of you available on the 29th of October to talk about gettin gigs in ol' aberdeen? cheers yer maws baws CRAIG:band:

Originally posted by absolute zero

hows about lettin an edinburgh band like erratta come and play with another edinburgh band like absolute zero then put us on with a local act?might be a better idea to draw in the crowds seein as to be quite frank it is shit seeing the same local bands it does happen in edinburgh too.im not critisising but i just think that it may be an idea to get us bands to do gigs in your venues and let us hook you up down here.we dont actually mean the erratta gig but in principle it may be an idea in the future.Also are any of you available on the 29th of October to talk about gettin gigs in ol' aberdeen? cheers yer maws baws CRAIG:band:

its all well and good having two or three out of town bands play but if you dont have the local bands to draw in the crowds you'll be playin to no-one im afraid! just the way it goes....

Guest absolute zero
Originally posted by DR DRAKE

its all well and good having two or three out of town bands play but if you dont have the local bands to draw in the crowds you'll be playin to no-one im afraid! just the way it goes....

fair point i think!just an idea though but then again you are probably right.is there anything going on on the 29th of this month?im up in aberdeen for the night and it sounds like a potentially good place to visit me thinks?

Guest FrobertMinge

Fridays gig at Dr. Drakes

Howdy all, this is Andy from Multiple Injuries, just wanna say we're all looking forward to fridays gig and playing with what sounds like some cool bands. We got a new song we're gonna try out so you lot will be the first people to hear it, a fast groovy little tune called The Green Inferno. Come down and check us out, we could be shit or we could be heavier than vanessa feltz, only one way to find out.

See ya there

Errata have now cancelled too...so it'll be 3 bands...Dumpvalve, Multiple Injuries and Loaded...all of which are fuckin ace so get yourselves down cos it'll be well worth your 3...last time I saw Multiple Injuries the guitarist was playin his guitar with bananas strapped to his fingers so you never know what your gonna get with em..